Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HQ Ute

Quote Originally Posted by adam perth View Post
    in a ideal world, go for HQ style in black with a later model HX -Z Tailgate sticker in solid back if Jason makes them...
    Can do.
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

I'm leaning towards the later model ones at the moment... i like being different :knockout:, also i like the brightness and stand-out-ness of the coloured stripes!

and yeah as i put up thinking the DX5 style or maybe the DY4... if i was to go the later model one's any suggeston guys on what would be the better style? or even suggest another one...

don't suppose anyones good with photoshop on here and can help show me how it would look?

Cheers
    Nathan

decals

Gday mate.
    While not exactly what yopure after, heres some pics of my old HQ which had later model sandman stickers on it...

how about this style, HQ/HJ with a solid colour HX/Z on tailgate.

[COLOR="Silver"]
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

cheers for the pic's Hainzy & Adam,

The later model ones do look a little funny with the Q guards... the second option is definetly a posibility...

suppose i better fix thats rust... hopefully will have it ready to be repainted mid feb... depends when i decided to come back from tequilla and beaches in south america! :twisted:

Cheers
    Nathan

Why not get 2 tailgates painted? have one in the HQ HJ style, and the other in the solid SANDMAN decal...

I'll be getting "Sandman" put on the tailgate of my HJ, but it'll be the same as the writing on the side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    G'day guys,

new here but have always loved the Sandman like everyone else..

I currently drive a HQ Ute as my daily (253 / 4 speed) which i'm looking for some clarification on it's potential to be a Sandman or not (i don't believe it is but keep reading different articles which may suggest it could be)

Here's the ute to start with as i know everyone loves pictures...

and the 600 Holley set up for Gas on the 253 (which is installed and been running for atleast 6 months

now i don't have the numbers / tag pictures on me, but remember most the details...

It's a 74, Kingswood Ute
    Aquamarine Metallic
    2 Seating Capacity
    253 / 4 speed
    A few of the bolt on bit's and hopefully about to get the rest
    Trim is 30E, now i know most say this should be 30B but i did read somewhere they since it's a kingswood most of the time whether it had a bench or buckets it's was marked 'E' regardless (on the monaro parts website, i know that the internet lies hence why i'm asking...and also why i believe it isn's a Sandman)
    Now it's doesnt have XX7 on the tag but i'm led to believe this is only if built in Brisbane correct?

Any help would be appreciated guys... i'm not worried either way it won't changed what i do or how i drive it... just curiosity i guess, hopefully doing some rust soon and dust coat, some sandy strips and then the GTS rims can go on... the sides strips are already gone

Cheers
    Nathan
    Hi Nathan, just been reading your info on the beautiful ute you have. In reference to your trim 30E.(including 30G and 30H) it is all black, but there was a neutral option for Doeskin Headlining and Sun Visors. (this could be the 30G and 30H options, not sure). From all of this your interior then looks very original. Have you been able to determine if it is a genuine Sandman or not.

regards Graham

Sandman Guru
    30E is black in Kingswood, bench or buckets. 30A (bench) and 30B (buckets) are Belmont only and black.

so possible HQ sandman trim codes end in

J, B and E..?

Thread Information