Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HQ Ute

Sandman Guru
    I've only ever found them so far in B (3 x codes), E (3 x codes) and 38J. There are another 2 x B codes and 3 x E codes possible.

According to the Trim list I have for Kingswoods there is a possible 25 combinations, so could we assume that a Kingswood Sandman could actually have anyone of these combinations? 38Kcould be another option (with the Raydo insert) (same as 38J) but hightly unlikely that it would have been ordered in a ute.

The same goes for the 30E, the 30G and 30H could have been ordered in a Kingswood, G being the Nylon insert and H being the Black /Whire Raydo insert.

Happy to supply a copy of the list. didn't want to post it up as I thought I may infringe copyright.

Sandman Guru
    Kingswood sedan and wagon only for most of those. NEVER trust a parts catalogue....

HQ Commercial (ute and van) are only:

Belmont - Black, Red, Blue, Grey or Brown (30B, 32B, 34B, 35B or 39B).

Kingswood - Black, Cinnabar, Indigo, Ash, Juniper, Doeskin, Doeskin/Black and Chestnut (same codes as Belmont except B replaced by E, 36 plus 38 added and Doeskin/Black is 38J (normal Doeskin 38E)).

Sandman may possibly have been a subset of those and this may explain why I have some missing despite having every available HQ Sandman paint colour recorded
    Last edited by HK1837; 14-02-2011 at 05:23 PM.

No all good, thanks for that, still must have been a nightmare with all the colour combinations available for customers.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW1974 View Post
    Have you been able to determine if it is a genuine Sandman or not.

regards Graham
    no i haven't... spending more time trying to get my kustom FB built... i would like to get the rust done in the ute but dont know if i have the time... anyone in Perth want to do it...

cheers
    Nathan

either way it is still a great ute, my thoughts, keep it original, if you have to modify it, do it in a way that is easily revisible.

As it is it will be much admired by people who know there utes.

A mechanic I employed here in SA stored a pretty straight HJ ute in our workshop, almost weekly people would enquire if it was for sale, so my tip is the value will soar within the next 4-5 years as Monaro's etc have gone beyond the reach of the average punter. I looked for 18 months for a HQ ute, especially one i felt was right to be a project.

Cheers Graham

I'm possibly looking for a single headlight front end, but would required nose cone and support panel, i think all other accessories are available repo? I'm in Perth so let us know whats available...

I've been thinking of getting some one to cut the rust, minor works, possible cut in flutes and a top coat / respray the HQ ute as i dont think im going to get time to do it any time soon and should hopefully get it through a few more years before a rebuild comes possible... can anyone in Perth recommend anyone thats reasonable? it doesnt have to be show quality, but done correctly (i do realise the potential costs)

Cheers
    Nathan

hey guys, long time since i've been here... well too many toys now has lead me to selling this ute soon... now im not really sure what its worth, so wouldn't mind some opinions... i dont have any latest photos (will get some soon) to show you guys but will give an honest description straight up and also anyone interested can contact me at nmann@globalskm.com

now its a 1974 HQ Ute, 253, aussie 4 speed, aqua marine metallic, Body need some attention, paint fading, generally daily driver rust etc… (will get photos) some parts bog skimmed and in primer to help prevent further wear, but starting to show through, also some clear starting to peel but have touchup paint for anyone looking towards a rolling resto i guess (was going to do this but haven't got around to it), custom ally flat lockable tonneau cover, wagon rear bumper, Twin headlight front end, power steering professionally rebuilt maybe 6 months ago, horn not currently working think it just needs the contact spring sorted could be wrong, standard GTS fuel gauge playing up, have a spare however unknown condition gas one is fine, clock spare unknown condition, also gas tank check 12/09, Next Gen gas setup straight on top of 600 holly re-kitted to suit engine and gas, full exhaust with extractors installed 1 year ago. new engine bay wiring harness, currently running set of 5 spoke dragways need a good cleanup, surface rust etc…, air con half fitted (original), have all parts minus compressor and dryer, and bracket fitted to motor to take standard Sanden compressor. Set of GTS wheels, painted, anti theft centres and HQ GTS style wheel nuts with lock nuts no tyres fitted. All HQ Sandman style interior, retractable seatbelts, Buckets, centre console, dash. Twin vent dash pad no cracks or holes, one of the best original ones I’ve ever seen, good door trims with 6X9 speakers fitted, currently no stereo fitted but can include one.

Spares… electric dizzy and leads, brand unknown, mate gave it to me and it was never used., 3 spare twin headlight rims to get a set fixed to make a good set, original non air con brackets, lenses, lights, wipers, new belts, centre console insert for auto, clear front indicator lenses, LED Front indicator set plus more I can’t think of I’m sure.

now i have a rough price in mind however im open to offers... car is in SoR Perth.

cheers
    Nathan

i was looking for a Q but stumbled on a Z. my hand may be pushed nathan, what sort of coin are we talking?
    BQZ

Hi Nathan,

at a minimum I suggest 12-15K, lovely combination, has all the good bits and will cost all of that and more just to find them if you wanted to restore any other HQ ute. Then if it is a Sandman add some more. ( I have spent 7K so far on my Ute just on bits and I had a lot to start with.) Good straight body with tyres driveline etc would have to be worth 5-6K in my estimation so you can soon build up the value.

I love your Ute and wish I had some spare cash
    Nearly on the Road

Thread Information