Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mooks HQ, HJ, HX, HZ, WB Sandman Mockup

Banned
    Just get one off a blue/black motor. Dont know the numbers sorry.

I have a WB Statesman dizzy in my HZ.
    Pulled off the original (VERY large) dizzy cap and put the small one on.
    Also had to use an XD 351 rotor button.
    Works a treat.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

cheers everyone so far.
    My next big hurdle is to work out what nuts and bolts i need to put my motor and transmission in..

I have new engine & trans mounts. I have also cleaned up the metal brackets for the engine.

I need the engine mount bolts
    the transmission mount bolts (and nuts but i don't know)

I need to the flexplate nuts bolts and the converter nuts and bolts

I have a trimatic pattern 308 with a turbo400 with the bellhousing modified to suit.

Nothing has nuts or bolts at the moment.

Any help would be awsome! and photos would be even better!

I think i wil send you a big box of nuts and bolts all of the above you want, I think are in our spare parts box...I labelled everything, and didn't use a lot as got new...will chat to rodney and if any are surplace you can have em

cheers
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

mook,you want the standard dizzy from a vc vh vk vl v8 commodore or wb v8..it is a bosch...im not sure that i have one in stock at the moment but when i do i sell them for $195...make sure the vacuum advance is a working item and that the centre shaft has no sideways movement...if it has either of these problems its worth $25 to $50 only as a vacuum advance unit itself is $95 and rebushing is more money for the shaft...module is the same for 6 or v8...
    bolts..if jennie and rod cant help i have what you need generally on the shelf...

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    I think i wil send you a big box of nuts and bolts all of the above you want, I think are in our spare parts box...I labelled everything, and didn't use a lot as got new...will chat to rodney and if any are surplace you can have em

cheers
    hey guys i have a big box of nuts and bolts, but non are labeled. silly me.
    If you could take a photo of your spare nuts and bolts and roughly where they came from it would be a great start. I'm sure that i have them, but i don't know what they are.. lol.
    label everything everyone. ill keep in touch though jennie, thanks.
    Mook

also oz i can get a new bosh dizzy for $320 do you think that it would be worth it?

Banned
    Heres a tip that is handy sometimes, screw the nuts/bolts loosely back into whatever it is that you have dismantled in the places they came from. It saves heaps of dramas later on. Bag and tag is a good idea as well.
    Mook I am sure the flex plate bolts would be similar to the flywheel ones which are fairly thin through the head of the bolt. They will probably have a Y style marking on the head of them indicating they are high tensile bolts. As for actual length you bay need to suck it and see if you are not sure.

Spoke to Rodney, and those particular bolts we too had trouble finding, I think Oz is a better bet for the exact ones you need.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Mook, why don't you free some time when you come past for the rocker covers.
    Bring your bucket of bolts with you and a texta and some sandwich bags. We can then compare the bolts on my ute and wagon and tag yours. If you're still missing stuff I also have a bucket of bolts, most are sorted apart from the bags where the oil ate the plastic bags.

Hint for young players, clean your bolts before putting in sandwich bags, the oil will eat the plastic.

flexplate [auto] and flywheel [manual] bolts are different...the rest is really not rocket science.:Stormtrooper:

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post

also oz i can get a new bosh dizzy for $320 do you think that it would be worth it?
    if its a bosch genuine holden yes its worth it...all bosch units will have bosch written/stamped on it..stay away from chinese crap..

Thread Information