I've never seen an RTS vehicle one without the bump, hence why I thought it may have been an early HZ with the pins. But given what wbute says, maybe it is actually WB without the bump? GTS dashes were very common in WB.
I've never seen an RTS vehicle one without the bump, hence why I thought it may have been an early HZ with the pins. But given what wbute says, maybe it is actually WB without the bump? GTS dashes were very common in WB.
Hey Jason, Got your message. I wanted to figure out if it was genuine Holden or not.
I am thinking of putting it in our van as the radio holes are not flogged out. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it is not as shiny as our original one. Almost looks like a different plastic.
Now for the really bad news for those chasing an perfect GTS dash. I picked it up on Ebay including the white needle GTS clock for only $220. I was the only bidder. What's with that. Just stuck a bid on and went out for the day. Where the bloody hell were you Jason :neutral::neutral:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT
I sent an email off to the Guy on Ebay I bought it from to see if he knows the history, but he doesn't know either.
Ill dig it out again and check the silver rim in more detail.
Well bought HZSandman!
There must be a few facias then.
HJ with the vent blocked off.
HJ/X with the vent hole.
Silver and black variants of both.
HZ RTS badge with bump raised.
HZ RTS with pin on RTS badge.
Silver and black variants of both.
WB RTS with no bump and stick on RTS badge.
Rares Reproduction from the original tooling which I dont know all the details.
Last edited by wbute; 28-01-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Add to those the late HJ Premier and LS fascia with woodgrain on it, HX and HZ Premier with different woodgrain and RTS on HZ plus the HZ SL/E facia and the HX LE facia which is the same as HZ SL/E but without the RTS badge. Phew!
Ah I forgot the wood grain ones! Not too many to choose from then.
Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes
HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build
That's funny...... I was watching that fascia and saw one bid on it, I intended sniping at the last minute but misjudged the end time and got back after it ended... Wife thought it was pretty funny too.... me jumping up and down cursing about missing it.
At least now I know it went to a MySandman member.... Good score Ian.
There haven't been many fascia's on Ebay lately and some of the start and buy it now prices on GTS dashes with gauges are pretty high. I wouldn't think they'd be drying up just yet??
4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD
I think I am nearly convinced it is genuine. I'll check the silver again and the warning lights to see if they have been added later on.
Now I need to decide whether to stick it in the van or not. The one in there is genuine with the pins in the RTS badge but I have had to add a black facia plate around the radio as the wholes have been flooged out a bit. But I like the gloss black finish on my one better than the more mat finish on this later type. Decisions, decisions.
Now I know what Jason thinks.
:Chin::Chin:
--- Updated ---
Sean, makes up for all the times I have tried to grab something in the last few seconds and still been beaten.
This was one of stupid ones where I put a bid in early and then went out only to come home to a nice surprise.
if it has the GM-7 1 its genuine as this is the only differences between them..other than whats already been pointed out.![]()
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Bookmarks