Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: boalsie's HJ Sandman Van

P Plater
    thanksmate!! thats what happens when you dont do youre homework beforehand! silly mistake but still looks ok!! youre the first one on here to mention it ! i reckon lots have noticed!! might have to chase up old mate jason and get another 1 one day! cheers boalsie

Nah, leave it for something different Actually flows rather well with the decals on the side of the body!!

P Plater
    might save me a few bob!! and i agree it looks pretty good where it is! maybe the bloke at holden put the first ever one in the wrong place and just went whith it!!! haha

Very nice van Boalsie. If you are happy with the stripes I'd leave it, in addition to the windows gives your car a unique look. I've got a HT monaro that was painted (before I got it) with HG style blackouts, but although I'll repaint it to original one day I just love the way it looks in the meantime.

On the topic of your stripes (and not being critical), I think you'll find that side ones over the rear wheels are in fact reversed on your car ie left side is the right and vise versa)

P Plater
    thanks sandaro!! i think you may be right about the stripes!! another case of me not doing my homework!! i never noticed!! i dont take youre comment as critical helpful i would say!! cheers boalsie

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post

On the topic of your stripes (and not being critical), I think you'll find that side ones over the rear wheels are in fact reversed on your car ie left side is the right and vise versa)

What's the difference? I'm about to have the stripes put on my HJ and I don't want to get it wrong. I've noticed that the stripes for the 1/4 panels ( for want of a better description) seem blunt/fatter at one end and streamlined/skinny/more pointed at the other. Which way around is correct?
    Last edited by GTS; 14-02-2012 at 09:01 PM.

P Plater
    i cant help you whith that !! jason would be able to but ! he makes the stickers! im just lucky i didnt put them on upside down!! haha !! cheers boalsie

The "fatter" end is towards the front, with the skinnier side at the back. Same as the guards and door ones (which obviously can't be confused being in 2 distinct halves)

Cruiser
    Thanks for that. I suspected that was the right way around.

Learner Driver
    Hi , I was the owner of one that looked exactly the same . could it be the same car? this photo was taken in 1979
    IMG_20160208_174247.jpg
    Last edited by Jim246; 08-02-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Thread Information