Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: finding sandman owners in qld

Learner Driver

finding sandman owners in qld

i am in mackay and would like to get a qld club started i am president of mackay and district holden car club with about 100 members and a few sandman owners in the club

Rockhamton Qld

Hi Tex
    I live at Rockhampton (3 1/2 hours south of you) and I own 2 Sandman (HZ ute and HX van). It would be nice to see if you can form Qld club or even a CQ club. I wonder if their is any other Rockhampton or CQ Sandman owner on this website.
    I have met a couple Samdman owners and had a few people come upto me, asking question and wanting a look, as they are working on a project of their own.

I'll be in Mackay next weekend, in a Mazda 3.
    Any chance of checking out any sandman up their.

Cheers
    Don't Come Knocking If This Van's Rocking

CQ Sandmans

G'day,

In Emerald here, got a 77 HZ Sandman Ute. Be interested in a Sandman club based in CQ if there's enough of us.

Paddy.

Hi Paddy

I guess it the Fairburn Dam in the background????
    Great looking ute.
    Would be nice to see a CQ sandman group or club.
    Personally I think a group will be much easier to start off.
    Their is local guy here, he bought his sandman van brand new (HJ model) and still the original owner.
    I should have a chat with him.
    In Rocky, their a group trying to get a Holden club off the ground, their is enough members (mid 20 members).
    I have joined up and I'm hoping it will get up.

Bill

Learner Driver

Brisbane boy

Hi Guys,

Nice utes I have been on the hunt for one for some time, you don't know of any that may be for sale do you?

cheers
    Lukesta

Hi, I don't know any for sale, I think in someways, that Ute's are harder to find. Most people I have talk to about sandman or show and shine days. Often say to me, did GMH make sandman ute's.
    If I see anything, I'll let you know.

Bill

Yes the utes are definately harder to find, although I reckon Sandmans in general are fairly rare, or at least cleverly disguised as a run of mill holdens due to the stripes being removed.
    A lot popping up latley I reckon, since the other legends of the 70's became popular. Must because all us around our late 30's early 40's have decided to just go and get that car we always wanted or once had and want again..
    Last edited by Paddy_77HZ_Ute; 05-05-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    i am in mackay and would like to get a qld club started i am president of mackay and district holden car club with about 100 members and a few sandman owners in the club
    yah mate i am in cloncurry so happy to help fly the maroon flag - just cant make the run the boys down south are talking about at the end of may - would be happy to try and have a qld get together some time? as you can see i haver a 77 ute too - yes hard to find - but very worth it

cheers

what we had we want again

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_77HZ_Ute View Post
    Yes the utes are definately harder to find, although I reckon Sandmans in general are fairly rare, or at least cleverly disguised as a run of mill holdens due to the stripes being removed.
    A lot popping up latley I reckon, since the other legends of the 70's became popular. Must because all us around our late 30's early 40's have decided to just go and get that car we always wanted or once had and want again..

There's that drunken sig again...got to fix that up...!
    Yes the GTS monaros, and A9X and GTR XU1's have gone past the affordable stage, the GT xy falcons and GT HO's have all done their boom...now it is time for the Sandman, kingswood, and brock commodores to be collected...like shares, only we will never redeem them...lol...and it isn't only the 40's and 30's its the 45's and 50's who want the sandmans....as they were our era. drive ins, and vans.....I have a GT BF sitting in the garage as well....probably never be worth much but great to drive..when not in the sandman......

Learner Driver

sorry boys

Hi boys sorry i had given up on this site as i had put this blog on ages ago and had no reply but now we are up and racing so keep messaging and we will try to get together at a car or ute show and form a club.I own a 78 hz white ute which is just about finished being restored.If any one is interested there is a Ute show on at the Mackay Show and you can download a entry form from www.mackayshow.com.au and click on entry forms or contact me on 0409491965 the dates are 22-24 of June so get in quick,if some of you can get over me might get together to form a club.And on the 22August there is a real big car show on in Mackay and it is open to any type of vehicle,Truck,Car,Bike,Ute,4x4,this is run by Mackay & District Holden Car Club Inc so plan for that one if you can we are hoping to get a few Sandmans.Tex

In Emerald here, got a 77 HZ Sandman Ute. Be interested in a Sandman club based in CQ if there's enough of us.

Paddy.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information