Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Spares

Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    I have been for years! Goodluck......
    will an hj gts facia fit a wb? i thought that they all mounted up the same..

Yes mate the mount the same but the risen section for the RTS dash badge causes issues for the HJ and HX.
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

GTS clock reset knob and grub screw HJ,HX,HZ

They have done the knob. Well doing it. I sent them samples. I have samples here and will be testing them tonight. They can not do the screw they rekon. I might look at doing it myself.
    JAson

I would be keen to see this screw as I had no trouble getting the grub screw remade for the Torana Park Brake release knobs.

I have also just done the heater control knobs for the LH/LX and they have a small screw as well..

cheers
    Mick

Banned
    Thanks Byron for the input on everyones behalf!!

Quote Originally Posted by sstorana View Post
    JAson

I would be keen to see this screw as I had no trouble getting the grub screw remade for the Torana Park Brake release knobs.

I have also just done the heater control knobs for the LH/LX and they have a small screw as well..

cheers
    Mick
    I think the problem is they are not a normal external thread type grub screw. They are tubular with the inside threaded and a screwdriver slot at one end so they screw over the threaded adjuster shaft....... if you know what I mean.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Sandman Guru
    I have been for years! Goodluck......
    I made it quite clear to him in front of his partners and senior persons that the Sandman resto movement is growing fast, and is probably going to be the biggest growth area in the Holden resto market for the next few years.
    I also encouraged them to look into selling restored, exchange front control arm sets. If they are done right it certainly makes our lives easier, especially if top balljoints can be riveted on. All they have to do is go and buy 20 sets off Greg and overhaul them and away they go. I also suggested they make quality repro balljoint rubbers as per original GMH balljoints and tie-rods.

Cruiser
    Great work. I've been in regular contact with one of the RS guys over the past 6 months or so. Top bloke and he listens. I guess it comes down to the fact that RS are, or want to be recognised as, official suppliers of GMH products. That will never happen while they make parts that only "look like" the original.
    Looks count for nothing if the part doesnt fit like the original.

I hope they do.

Byron. Balljoints etc. Thats something I forgot about. Did you discuss not Chinese balljoints? TWM or OEM are not good enough. Who wants to spend 30k on a build and put a $15 ball joint in.

GMH Suppliers....... Sad thing is GMH don't know whats right. VN SS Kits. Rares are vinyl cut. Originals where screen printed. Very big difference in looks and quality. But GMH still have put their name on the vinyl cut ones.

GMH need some education also I think.....

Dont get me wrong I think lots of rares stuff is great. Its good they are starting to listen on the things that are not.
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    We discussed upper tailgates as a repro item for consideration.

How about lower ones to suit vans?

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post

I'm also in Les's ear about modifying a HZ fascia mould to make HJ examples.
    I've asked Les about that numerous times.....to no avail. I hope it happens.

Sandman Guru
    I'll let them mull about what we discussed and hit them up with a list of van and ute specific stuff that are hard to find.

Les wants to get a HK Baturst tank off me and repro it. They didn't even think about the fact that the bottom half is the same as a Salisbury car's normal tank, and that by making the Bathurst tank they had also made the bottom half of the normal Salisbury tank. It is that sort of thinking that they need.

We also told them their website is crap, and it is being addressed.

I was quite vocal in telling them that the descriptions of the parts online have to be 100% accurate. It is no good selling a part eg a HJ sedan fuel tank, saying "suits HJ sedan". When in fact there are 3 x different tanks: 1974 vented, 1975-1976 with canister and late trial ADR27A HJ tanks. Same with engine bay clips - kits have to be either described as to exactly what they suit, or all clips must be provided with explanations of what is needed for which month/year. It is this last 5% of detail that really counts. They are not going to be able to do this themselves, so I have offered to help in some areas. They do rely upon parts catalogues too much and this is a big folly and major trap. They are also using part numbers to catalogue equipment. Straight away I told them that is has to be also 100% correct. The very first thing I looked at was HK-HG guards. They are making HK style, and they have used HK 74 prefix part numbers for the stock guards. But they have used a 28 prefix number for the GTS guards. Straight away I told them it was a HT-HG part number, response was "it is out of the HK parts catalogue". Yes it is, but it is a 1972 parts book - a parts catlogue was there to allow GMH dealers to service cars, hence part numbers were superceded by newer numbers that fitted but were not the same. Des West got disqualified from second place Bathurst in 1968 from this as the heads he bought for teh car were not allowable on a 1968 HK GTS327, yet they were Service spares provided over the counter by GMH. In short their product approval process needs review so that more people are involved. For example if they start making more GTS style dashes i'd like to see Sean involved in the approval process. Payment might end up being a gift voucher or free fascia or a warm fuzzy feeling, who knows? I'll be pushing them hard for this to happen more often, i've already managed to get them to send Greg repro HQ twin headlight surrounds for inspection. Hopefully this can grow.

Thread Information