Where do I start......I bought about $3000.00 in RS stuff over the past 12 months for my HJ Sandman van. There was a time when I was eager to open up the box full of goodies but lately I've had to lower my expectations....and still been disappointed.

I ordered a HJ engine bay wiring clip set......the parts in the kit are not even in the HJ parts book and ones they reckon are correct dont even look like the original.

I ordered a set of ext mirrors. The heads are a different shape and you can see the machine marks on the stems from whatever they used to make the die for them.

The 1/4 repeater lights have a slightly different radius and you can see day light through the opening when they are fitted up.

The spark plug lead retainers that are supposed to clip onto the rocker covers dont lock on and fall off at the drop of a hat.

The RS right hand cowl vent drain tube is not flared like the left hand one and does not fit.

On the bright side,( if there is one out of $3000.00 worth), their door rubbers seem to be pretty good and fitted up OK.
Their instrument lens kit and wiper switch cover are OK.

I haven't fitted everything up as yet but it's getting to the point where I say a little prayer every time I open a new RS part.

If they want to get serious about what they do then they need some real changes in the quality assurance dept.