Thread: A Series of Unfortunate Events...

A Series of Unfortunate Events...

So my cousin goes into hospital to have major surgery performed on him. Comes out a week later and is at home resting. His father takes his car out. Five minutes into the drive the car completely dies on him. He steps out opens the bonnet and to his shock realizes the sump is missing. Shocked yet? It gets better…

Now we rewind back to while my cousin was in hospital. His brother who is 16 and has only had his ‘L’ plates for a few weeks decided to take his brothers car out with his mates who took their parents cars (some of these kids don’t even have their license yet). Their hooning around and his brother goes really fast over a feature in the road (I’m not too sure on the details here) and of course hits the front under-section of the car. At this point he’s aware he’s done something but unsure what. So he brings the car back to where his brother had parked it, parks it like it’s never been touch and *BANG* the events that unfolded are past history. You may be asking yourself, ‘how does he know all this’?! I know this because my cousin has a big mouth and told my brother, and of course my brother tells me. Stupid!

So now we fast forward to the present moment. The mechanic told my cousin that his engine is seized and he needs a new engine (I mean, of course it’s going to be, he ran the bloody thing without any oil!). The most unbelievable part is the price he quoted him; $800 for a reconditioned engine and just over a thousand (that’s including the engine) to be fitted nice and snug in his VT Commodore. That price just doesn’t add up in my opinion!

So the facts are a weeks stay in the hospital cost my cousin the engine in his car, hard earned cash he really can’t afford to spend and the uncertainty of never knowing what exactly happened to his prized possession, that is unless his brothers conscience caves in. I don’t see that happening…

I don’t know about you, but I’d be gunning for blood if I was in my cousin’s predicament. :weights:
    Last edited by Rolla; 14-02-2011 at 04:19 PM.

that price will be for a second hand motor fitted and is on the money...reco no...

Shits of kids, should be made accountable for what they have done,....I am sure you can arrange that :Pirate:
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Karma can be a real bitch! :Tongue:
    Last edited by Rolla; 14-02-2011 at 04:59 PM.

here's my family related story:

this is my daily, a grandpa spec subaru wagon, 4cyl auto and gutless.

both my bro and i are involved in scouting and as he owns a hot hatch he sometimes borrows my car for carting larger items to events.

One weekend he asked to borrow my car for an event he was running (a night observation rally), and i was fine about it considering i have run plenty of the same events in the past and that i was going to the event myself but leaving early as i'd have have some older scouts to return to the scout hall. the night obs rally went great and my kids team won their class (14 - 18 year olds) which was great, so at about midnight my kids team reached the halfway point for the overall event and this was where the non 18+ kids finished.

At the stop my bro had teed up that i was to be told he'd crashed the car and was sorting it out but had no phone coverage where he was. upon being told this i freaked mildly and then i became a little sceptical of the situation, and decided not to believe it. anyway, because i wasnt suckered the gag was explained and i went off on my way.

We had a coffee and decided to leave and after i'd dropped the kids off to the hall to their awaiting parentals I headed home, this was now about 2am and i was stuffed.

at about 4am my phone goes off and its my bro, so i reject the call and try to return to sleep, the phone rings again, and i reject it again, then the phone rings for a third time so by now i think its serious and answer and all i hear is...
    "hey, dude, um.... well i had a bit of an accident in your car, i hit a barrier"
    being my bro and i like to give each other a bit of a razz up i laughed and explained it wasnt funny calling me at 4ish in the morning but kudos to him for giving it a go. he tried to say its serious but i just shut him down saying i dont believe it nice try and goodnight.

about 5 minutes pass and my phone goes off and its a picture message:

hey dude im ... serious, just at a servo waiting for a tow truck

as you can imagine i believed him.

what did i learn:
    - the boy who cries wolf is a good fable
    - dont let my bro borrow my car ever again

here's some better pics:

he'd come into a corner and the car understeered and hit the metal barrier with the nose first then bounced and caught the rear tearing a hole in there by the filler, as it was the end section of the barrier he also skewed off the road and out into a market gardeners paddock which was full of potatoes or turnips or something which required the ground to be mounded into large ruts, needless to say the car hasnt been the same since.

Banned
    Sorry, i cant help but laugh at that!

brothers hey!

Is that Subaru AWD? He must have been moving if it is. We've got an Outback as a family car and you need to really push it to get understeer, even on loose gravel.

My dad bottomed out my Sandman on a concrete causeway one day. He hit it at about 160 and the lip before the causeway was bigger than expected. Punched the sump plug up into the sump.

My dad bottomed out my Sandman on a concrete causeway one day. He hit it at about 160 and the lip before the causeway was bigger than expected. Punched the sump plug up into the sump.
    that was how the first spoiler got wiped out on Rodney's orginal sandman, the second time was a fox....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information