Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HZ Aircon

HZ Aircon

After driving from Gold coast to perth in a hg this week with no air con, it really got me thinking that I should put an aircon in my HZ for the longer hotter trips. What are the options factory or aftermarket.

Banned
    Go factory integrated. There are a few different aftermarket ones but they sometimes do horrible things like cut the glovebox to fit or have under dash blowers etc.

Sandman Guru
    I started to post up a big essay on how to do it. Was almost finished when I accidently hit the ESC key. Too lazy to do it again today, maybe later.

Banned
    Hope you didnt swear Byron

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I started to post up a big essay on how to do it. Was almost finished when I accidently hit the ESC key. Too lazy to do it again today, maybe later.
    Look forward to that, as my Pano doesn't have aircon either and when I brought it home it was 40c, humid and I drove for 7 hours non stop (fuel stops of course). Air would have been good!!
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

IMHO the underdash is the most efficient, then factory intergrated, then the one you cut the glovebox for.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    IMHO the underdash is the most efficient, then factory intergrated, then the one you cut the glovebox for.
    I agree that the under dash is the most efficient, that's because the fan is blowing straight over the evaporator into the cab and doesn't have to go through ducts. If you are installing a factory one you can insulate the ducts to make it more efficient but you still have the undersized evaporator next to, above, the exhaust. In saying that though i would still prefer to put in a factory system, just don't like the look of the under dash clingons

In my opinion...... you guys are a bunch of pussy's... geez, grow a pair and wind the window down to listen to that sweet V8 rumble with the wind in your hair...
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Cruiser
    Aw c'mon mate, you've never driven through a swarm of bee's with the window down then, not much fun:crikey: Must agree though it is good to cruise around town with the windows down

I know its 'how long is a piece of string' and all... But how hard is it to install air con?? I agree with absinth that its fine just to have the windows down.. BUT, mine has a crappy under dash/glove box halved unit, that has 2 pipes going nowhere into the engine bay... I also have a complete factory aircon setup sitting in the shed so thought I might get rid of the aftermarket shite and put the factory stuff in...

Id like to think its a breeze.. (haha get it..?) But probably its more likely to be a world of pain... Anyone done it?

Thread Information