Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WB KIngswood replica sandman - No Decal option!

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by polkz 01 View Post
    I went to few B&S back in the day.LOOKED AFTER MY OLD GIRL.Did see some ute's gett'n flogged etc.Blown diffs & gearbox's mainly.They don't have your vision hk.But at those shows holden wb's were in there 100's some show's 1000's if wrecked ,you would go get another and so on.Look after the one's still left a.The old chook tin ford utes really copped a floggin ,rolled burnt left for the scrappers.Must 100's of wb's just sitt'n & waiting to be restored.Hope so i need bit's for mine.
    I meant they wrecked really good original cars by putting all that cr@p all over them! Drilled holes for bits, put on bullbars that didn't fit, put unremovable stickers all over them etc. Cars were still sound and restorable but no longer mint original cars.

Banned
    Yep. They did. Still doing it to newer utes. But that's not wrong is it? How many good original panelvan a were turned into overdone show vans and ruined in the same way?
    I saw plenty of utes that rich dad bought for spoilt sons that just got smashed and thrashed to bits. They paid top dollar for them too. Talking 10 to 12 k for wb utes in 1990 that cost less than that when they were new.
    Speaking of prices, you don't see many cars making more than new price 6 to 10 years after they stopped making them!

Hey adam nice ute just realised that pic is taken one street back from where i live small world hey

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Yep. They did. Still doing it to newer utes. But that's not wrong is it? How many good original panelvan a were turned into overdone show vans and ruined in the same way?
    I saw plenty of utes that rich dad bought for spoilt sons that just got smashed and thrashed to bits. They paid top dollar for them too. Talking 10 to 12 k for wb utes in 1990 that cost less than that when they were new.
    Speaking of prices, you don't see many cars making more than new price 6 to 10 years after they stopped making them!
    Nothing wrong with it, just makes them worth heaps less when they try to sell them! I looked at a few 1999/2000 VSIII V8 utes before I bought the Cross8. I think I upset a few people with ex B&S utes when I went to walk away after 30 seconds when I saw all the holes under the sills and the places where the truck mudflaps had been fitted.

Banned
    I would do the same. More because of all the circle work they have done but more because these days it's all about adding piezo lighters and diesel to the exhaust and lighting it.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Probably Nutmeg. Mate of mine bought one that colour new.
    They were exactly the same as a sandman, just with updated seats and console lid, and of course the kings wood mouldings. The sheet metal update was less of a change than HJ was over HQ really.
    Shame they are so looked down upon these days. Maybe the 90's B&S country boys will start to want to relive their youth in the next few years and they will become sort after again. Not that there are many left.
    http://gallery.oldholden.com/Mr_Jone...s/WB/Corniche/
    may have been cornish? i like cornish
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier 73 View Post
    Hey adam nice ute just realised that pic is taken one street back from where i live small world hey
    thats the GF's house...when she starts watching twilight and i need to get out i will go for a walk looking for your place.... You know the Legend JOE ($75000 Deaville blue HJ van )lives near there too lol
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Dont know him at all just driven past sometimes and his van is out the front nothing special to me nice but yeah a lot of money for that

Thread Information