Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WB KIngswood replica sandman - No Decal option!

WB KIngswood replica sandman - No Decal option!

Hey, the Factory WB kingswood 2 seater (commodore buckets factory), factory 253, 4 sp (L36,M20) GTS dash optioned utes i have a soft spot for. (they made some autos)

they are very popular in the country, and the factory 4 barrel was a huge improvement.
    they are hard to find too like a sandman is.

i have 2 low milage units,
    one (shown)in spindrift blue / oyster,1984, 238,000 km
    and one in bamboo/ buckskin,1982 260,000 km.

Banned
    Nice WB. I have a soft spot for them as well. I am getting my 84 one registered on Monday. Isnt that blue one tahitian blue metalic? It is the same as the one that was stolen from me years ago.There are photos of it in my blog. The oyster interior only started in 84 and is the same colour as VK commodores I think. They are disappearing fast.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Nice WB. I have a soft spot for them as well. I am getting my 84 one registered on Monday. Isnt that blue one tahitian blue metalic? It is the same as the one that was stolen from me years ago.There are photos of it in my blog. The oyster interior only started in 84 and is the same colour as VK commodores I think. They are disappearing fast.
    the tahitian is more of a greener than spindrift blue
    I thought Oyster trim was a 1983 / 84 thing.

Learner Driver
    Great look'n wb adam.My wb's a 81 in tahitian blue with the lot.I agree with a little green but in a deeper blue if that makes sense.Do any of your wb's have a sports steering wheel eg gts or simlar & a/c

I had one, in Venetian Red. Sold it to a mate. 253 and 4 speed were long gone though, replaced with a 350 and Turbo 350.

I like the wb's also. I remember seeing a new one in a yard with all the gear on it. Four speed, V8, bucket seat's, gts dash and steering wheel, N67 wheels, air con and finished in metallic brown. The colour did look better than it sound's. Except for the colour and model, it was fitted out the same as my sandman I had then.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sandman Guru
    You can blame the B&S crowd for wrecking plenty of them.

Learner Driver
    I went to few B&S back in the day.LOOKED AFTER MY OLD GIRL.Did see some ute's gett'n flogged etc.Blown diffs & gearbox's mainly.They don't have your vision hk.But at those shows holden wb's were in there 100's some show's 1000's if wrecked ,you would go get another and so on.Look after the one's still left a.The old chook tin ford utes really copped a floggin ,rolled burnt left for the scrappers.Must 100's of wb's just sitt'n & waiting to be restored.Hope so i need bit's for mine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I like the wb's also. I remember seeing a new one in a yard with all the gear on it. Four speed, V8, bucket seat's, gts dash and steering wheel, N67 wheels, air con and finished in metallic brown. The colour did look better than it sound's. Except for the colour and model, it was fitted out the same as my sandman I had then.
    Probably Nutmeg. Mate of mine bought one that colour new.
    They were exactly the same as a sandman, just with updated seats and console lid, and of course the kings wood mouldings. The sheet metal update was less of a change than HJ was over HQ really.
    Shame they are so looked down upon these days. Maybe the 90's B&S country boys will start to want to relive their youth in the next few years and they will become sort after again. Not that there are many left.

must admit a lot of blokes didnt give a shit about their utes on the b&s seen, but a lot of my mates have still have got there wbs in nice nick sitting up in blocks in the shed, mind you i choose to drive my every day just cant beat that exhaust note, i went through a bretho last week and the cop was holding up everyone behind me so he could chat to me about the ute.
    Driver -1981 WB kingswood 253 4 speed
    Weekend- AC Cobra replica 302ho(425hp) 4 speed toploader
    Project Complete- SLR 5000 LH mock up(next door Neighbors)
    never late in a 5.0 litre

Thread Information