Thread: WB Headlights

WB Headlights

Just wondering if WB Statesman headlights will fit the standard front?
    I've been told that if you remove the piece from between the headlight and grill, they will fit?
    IS THIS TRUE??

If so it'll look REALLY good on this one.
    http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...9912&silo=1011
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

the basic wb radiator support without weld on attachments will fit the headlights..
    a round headlight support can be modded by removing the round headlight mounting brackets and then it will accept the square headlights of the wb kingswood but not the statesman..
    to mod a support to fit statesman headlights you need to also change the upright panels that support the grille and apron...

Where there's a will there's a way. I've looked at my WB front and thought exactly the same thing. Statesman headlights and a polished custom grille made of 5mm aluminium slats sitting horizontally.
    Even those standard WB lights could probably be jazzed up a bit with some nice custom surrounds, or paint the standard ones in body colour.

Sandman Guru
    I've seen a very simple setup done on a 4x4 WB ute. They used WB round headlight top panel, HJ-HJ single headlight radiator support, WB guards and chin panels and WB bar. They'd made up vertical flat bars that basically aligned with teh front of the guardsin the gap between the front bar and the top panel. Then cut out horizontal flat bars to the shape of what would have origianlly been the vertical profile of the WB headlights, blinkers and grille (it followed the shape of the nose and bumper bar). these bars were about 10mm apart and joined the vertical flat bars right on the guards. Just imagine a HZ Statesman grilel than continued ACROSS the headlights and curved to join the leading edge of the guards. The single round headlights were behind the made up grille and some sort of blinkers (parkers were in the headlights like late HQ). Looked very effective and tough, in a mad-max sort of way!

not a clear view of the lights, but it sounds like this :Chin:

HQU.jpg
    Last edited by Nocturne; 03-05-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Sandman Guru
    That's it. Looks like it was actually a WB round headlight support, I thought it was HJ-HZ.

Thread Information