Thread: (WTD) HQ-HZ AirCon Condensor Grommets

P Plater

(WTD) HQ-HZ AirCon Condensor Grommets

Hi guys

I am chasing these 2 grommets, id love NOS but could live with good condition used versions

part numbers:

SP2048
    Sp2049

cav..have you cross referanced the hj to hz catalogues to make sure they are the same from hq?
    reason im asking is hq condensor is different to hj to hz..
    see how you go with nos but i would have second hand..

HZ grille

Good Morning BigCav

I bought a HZ grille from the wreckers in Forbes, as they keep some rares parts, and it doesn't fit in anyway, can i send it back to you or someone, it isn't really the responsibility of the wrecking yard to take it back, as they probably don't realize these don't fit....
    Let me know where to send it please

thanks
    Jennie
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    cav..have you cross referanced the hj to hz catalogues to make sure they are the same from hq?
    reason im asking is hq condensor is different to hj to hz..
    see how you go with nos but i would have second hand..
    yeah i checked oz, they do from hq-hz, not wb, if you happen upon a set that would be great

im looking at an hz stato this afternoon but i should have some good ones in the box of bolts for ac condensors..will check it out tomorrow cav.

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    Good Morning BigCav

I bought a HZ grille from the wreckers in Forbes, as they keep some rares parts, and it doesn't fit in anyway, can i send it back to you or someone, it isn't really the responsibility of the wrecking yard to take it back, as they probably don't realize these don't fit....
    Let me know where to send it please

thanks
    Jennie
    Hi Jennie

This is a tricky one, Let me start by saying that im sorry to hear it didnt fit and that also rare spares will accept back a product found to be faulty

unfortunatly the grille would need to be returned to where you purchased it from, we cant refund you directly if you were to return it to us, the wrecker would need to refund your money and we would in turn refund him, if it was packaged in rares packaging he most likely also bought it from one of our distributors so you can see there are a number of people involved in the sale of 1 item

Now the other issue with these grille's is that these are not ours, yes we sell them but we do not make them, these are an existing product that was remanufactured by the crash repair industry and we buy them from a major crash repair replacement parts provider same as alot of other stores and wreckers do

was it in rares packaging or just a brown box?

i was quite surprised to hear it didnt fit, we have sold on average 100 a year for the last few years, its no excuse and its no proof but perhaps it leads to a faulty batch rather then a major problem?

if you could describe what was wrong with it or even pictures ill check my stock and see if they are the same

Hello again BigCav
    I bought it last May from the wreckers, he said he had bought it for his HZ kingswood sedan, and didn't need it, he handed it to me not in any box...but did say it was a rare spares one..since I was new at restoring etc. just took it, it was for our Red van which we are still doing, as the plastic grill had broken from running into roadkill...there was also a dent in the front driverside blinker. I have3 since bought a couple of grilles from swap meets and ozwreck, so it was surplace and I sold it to a friend from Orange who is also restoring a Windsor blue HZ sandman. He said it didn't fit, and it didn't surprise me as when I saw it on the van it looked completely wrong...but he assured me he could make it fit, but found he couldn't so wants me to take it back....I will sort it with the wreckers, and I will get a couple of pics of it....so you can see what I mean..

thanks for your help
    Jennie
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    Hello again BigCav
    I bought it last May from the wreckers, he said he had bought it for his HZ kingswood sedan, and didn't need it, he handed it to me not in any box...but did say it was a rare spares one..since I was new at restoring etc. just took it, it was for our Red van which we are still doing, as the plastic grill had broken from running into roadkill...there was also a dent in the front driverside blinker. I have3 since bought a couple of grilles from swap meets and ozwreck, so it was surplace and I sold it to a friend from Orange who is also restoring a Windsor blue HZ sandman. He said it didn't fit, and it didn't surprise me as when I saw it on the van it looked completely wrong...but he assured me he could make it fit, but found he couldn't so wants me to take it back....I will sort it with the wreckers, and I will get a couple of pics of it....so you can see what I mean..

thanks for your help
    Jennie
    why arent cars and car parts ever simple hey Jennie? especially when it involves friends too, hopefully you have some luck with the wrecker and your problems are sorted

that damn grille has been sold/passed on more times than ive had hot breakfasts....

Thread Information