Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Piece of Crap Category

Quote Originally Posted by HQGTSbrad View Post
    heres something that i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQeRcNepF60
    Yeah, That's Blockers van. He's probably filming it.

ohh is it really wow thats something that i didn't know

He is a man not afraid of a project..

Mauser :knockout:
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Wow, the shaddow in that video looks like it could have been made by bigfoot, it's huge!

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    That can of Start You Bastard on the dash suggests to me there was a little more effort put in before the camera started rolling.
    I find it insulting that a video of my car is in this thread!! haha

and i can tell you exactly what was done before it was started, plug leads and coil off my FC becasue they were missing, wire brushed the plugs, cleaned crap from dizzy cap, touched up the points, hooked up a fuel supply and battery! i had turned it over for a bit and had it kicking on the start you bastard and probably ran it for a minute before i took that video. so 5 minutes or so before that clip was taken that had not run for over 25 years, if that doesnt impress you i dont know what would!

Cheers Mark

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_23 View Post

and i can tell you exactly what was done before it was started, plug leads and coil off my FC becasue they were missing, wire brushed the plugs, cleaned crap from dizzy cap, touched up the points, hooked up a fuel supply and battery! i had turned it over for a bit and had it kicking on the start you bastard and probably ran it for a minute before i took that video. so 5 minutes or so before that clip was taken that had not run for over 25 years, if that doesnt impress you i dont know what would!

Cheers Mark
    Ha, its a small world

Quote Originally Posted by mark_23 View Post

Cheers Mark
    Hey, it's still impressive, don't get me wrong.
    But then again I do have a RT40 Corona that came out of a 20 year sleep in a shed. It required air in one tyre, a battery and...... nothing. No Start Ya Bastard, didn't even pull the plugs. Tipped a splash of fuel down the carb, cranked it for 20 seconds till she fired, revved it a bit till it would idle and then closed the bonnet and took it for a few laps of the paddock on the fuel that had been sitting in the tank.

Still have to try the EH ute that was sitting under a gum tree though. It does look pretty stuffed but everything is there so you never know.

Thread Information