Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aztec trim

Same here please Jennie. I only emailed Winning products yesterday to get prices etc. I had been told about a crew in Melbourne but couldn't find out who they were. No body could seem to remember. I'm gathering that is Eastern Auto Upholstery. So I'd like to know the quality too please.
    Also does anyone know if they do the Arm Wrest, or if not who???
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Good to hear he's lifted his game, Last time I dealt with him was probably 8 or 9 years ago and at that time, other than an SA mob he seemed to be the only one doing anything close to quality factory trims. I ended up driving to Melbourne as I'd paid upfront (only way he'd do them) and I hadnt been able to contact him for weeks.
    Turned out he was just flat out at the back of the shop and dealing with huge demand. Perhaps the number of extra companies doing the trims has freed him up but I certainly use his work again wait or apparently now, no wait.

Banned
    He did my door trims about ten years ago. They were exactly as original and they have lasted as good as they were when new.

Thanks for the input [MENTION=3]wbute[/MENTION] & [MENTION=354]Nearly[/MENTION]. Still a bit unsure after reading some threads on the net. Don't really want to get mucked about, but quality is the key too. I'll just have to make my mind up.:knockout:
    Think I've got the arm wrest problem sorted though!! Will know when I recieve them if there any good, or not. :Chin:
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Eastern Auto Upholstery

Our door trims are great, have a look at our interior thread about our yellow van, I will take a couple of pics tomorrow to show you the quality, they look great and the chrome insert is very well done, as is the plastic welding...We placed our order three weeks ago and they are already here, maybe he has got less work atm, but I am not sure as we did wait for the last ones, and I think they were actually lost in the mail....they re-did them and posted them on....I think they get very busy, and the post office they go to don't always do as expected....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

P Plater

Aztec trim

Update.
    I have called a number of prominent auto trimmers, even traced back to trimmer suppliers(dale's and Nolans) but to no avail.I did get a response from a bloke in Perth with a HZ sandman with the same pattern, but in red and orange, so I can only say that there must have been more, but from where, I don't know yet. It has been suggested it may have been a dealer's special accessory pack for a model run out promo, so I can only add that this particular example (of a sandman HX) was a late HX Pagewood build, sold through Muirs in Sydney.It's also possible that rear carpet, driving lights and after market AC may have also been part of a run-out or promo package. I f anyone has any clues, or knows where I might get it re-proed, any help would be greatly appreciated. It is a woven polyester fabric, and was stitched over the vinyl centre panel during manufacture.
    As for historical records,(for this website) I will post any more findings.

Banned
    Sounds like it could have been a competition giveaway maybe.

Learner Driver
    DSCF2941.jpg
    hi mckackie
    i have managed hopefully to get a picture of my seat trim up, i have been doing a bit of research and although now in perth i believe my hx sandman was an acacia ridge build dated 09/76, i don't know how close that is to your vans dates,
    ian

P Plater
    Thanks Ian.....I have managed to find out a bit more, but still researching. mine was sold by Muirs and was a pagewood build. I have it on good advice this may have been part of a dealer promo thing, but that is yet to be varified. there has also been speculation that the trim was done by the factory, as opposed to a local trimmer. mine is also a 4/77 build.
    the plot thickens.........

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    Our door trims are great, have a look at our interior thread about our yellow van, I will take a couple of pics tomorrow to show you the quality, they look great and the chrome insert is very well done, as is the plastic welding...We placed our order three weeks ago and they are already here, maybe he has got less work atm, but I am not sure as we did wait for the last ones, and I think they were actually lost in the mail....they re-did them and posted them on....I think they get very busy, and the post office they go to don't always do as expected....
    After all the talk of different companies etc. I ended up going with Winner Products SA (Ben) and was extremely happy with the service, couldn't have been more helpful. I recieved the door trims yesterday and they look fantastic to me. But thank you @jennie285 for helping, I just lost my nerve of buying from the other bloke after all the threads I had read around.

P.S. (The arm wrests I got look great too, once again I'm not as knowlegeable as most here, but I was very happy!!)
    Last edited by HZ EVIE; 22-09-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Thread Information