Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aztec trim

P Plater

Aztec trim

I dunno if i've posted anything about it here, so sorry if I have.
    Anyway, my van has a seat trim known as aztec, in blue, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it, and where I might go to obtain more of it for replacement. a pic of it is on the gallery albums, and I have spoken via internet to another van owner from perth on oldholden.com who has the same trim in red, so a few HX's and HZ's must have had it. I have spoken to a coupla auto trimmers in Vic and NSW, but they were not able to help http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/a...achmentid=2381 that link should getcha the picture(If it comes up in pic after submission then I'm a dill):Chin:

I would try eastern auto upholstery in Melbourne or steve at cools trims in Sydney peakhurst if Steve had the material he could do the seat and sell you the material to have the trims done for HX ,HZ eastern auto do a great job on the door trim and the chrome strip.

Agree with Eastern auto, brilliant work but dont expect it in a hurry (months) or panic when he never answers the phone.

P Plater

aztec trim

I did speak with eastern trim, he did seem helpful but at the same time vague. he was able to send me pics of standard sandman trim patterns, but they were the all vinyl ones only, with a herring bone inlay the only variant he knew. He did refer me to J&A upholstery in Sydney at Fivedock, and the bloke I spoke to there seemed to remember something about it, having worked in a few holden dealers in sydney at the time, and suggested it may have been a dealership special thing, ie a promo or model run out push.if anyone can help with not so much who can do it but where to find the cloth, that would be an enormous help also.
    I was also concerned with some malicious posts on oldholden.com about said Victorian upholsterer. Can't find a link, so the nastiness may have been taken down

I think Ive read the same posts it was the son defending the old man. I can only speak from my experience he did an excellent job on my Eh ute seat and door trims to factory (different to specials). Think the vic eh club did send alot of work his way earlier on and seemed to be a bit of a favorite. You could try Warren Smith from Eden Park (white pages) who does alot of monaros (including some recent magazine featured cars recently) he maybe able to help with the herringbone. He also gets alot of door trims off Gary? (Eastern auto) and finishes them himself and so appears to be able to jump the queue and get them quicker. Im sure others will help with a few more leads.

--- Updated ---

Apologies, Just had a look at your gallery / seats I thought by herringbone you meant something fairly standard.

P Plater
    Thanks nearly......however, with the herringbone trim insert, from what easterns told me, was a denim-like cloth in one colour that had a herring bone weave to it. but I must say, the aztec like in mty van, has got a few experts stumped

mckackie,
    When I looked at your pics the other week I just assumed that the seats were a custom thing. Can you post up a close up picture of the insert. I would really like to see it.

If you want them redone like original, maybe the blue part could be screen printed over a base material as best as you can match. Then you could get an embroider to reproduce the strip zigzag pattern over the top. They can do this with just a JPG file.
    I have logos embroided onto business shirts and all they wanted was a .jpg file that was made with a picture progam. From what I know the computer takes over from there and drives the sewing machine. It can get quite good detail.

All up it would be a challenge but worth it because it is so different. The next problem would be convincing the arm chair experts that it was original.

EASTERN AUTO UPHOLSTERY
    Rang three weeks ago and ordered 18v door trims ,carpet and hood lining for HX ute they rang on monday and said it was ready for freight I offered to pay extra for express post so the parcel could be tracked which they did, at my cost, everything has turned up today. RB
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    EASTERN AUTO UPHOLSTERY
    Rang three weeks ago and ordered 18v door trims ,carpet and hood lining for HX ute they rang on monday and said it was ready for freight I offered to pay extra for express post so the parcel could be tracked which they did, at my cost, everything has turned up today. RB
    So what are the door trims like Jennie? I am about to order some 63v from winner products but to like to know how good they are from eastern first.
    Chris

Some close up photos of the trim would be great as a comparison.

Thread Information