Thread: Lost key help....!

Lost key help....!

Ok, I've done the inevitable, lost the only ignition key for the ute. This isn't a big deal in general terms, except that it's parked at Emerald Horse race club at it's First ever Show & Shine. (Have heaps of good pics of cars to post) The key I've lost is for door and ignition, and I have another key that opens the door, but won't work the ignition. So I can open it, and get it on a trailer, no ignition and steering is locked.

What's the quickest easiest way to defeat the ignition/locl/barrel to get around the steering lock, without destroying too much. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks......
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

you could take the steering wheel off and work you way down, get another barrel with a key, thats without smashing stuff and pushing the starter rod thingo, you mightn even need a new barrel if you can push the rod, is spose it depends if youve got any tools with you??

P Plater
    undo steering wheel (usaualy wheel brace and screwdriver0 that will get your stearing back to get on trailer or take steering wheel of take indicator out 3 screws flat blade screw dricer in slot bash screwdriver whit hammer lock will pop out start whith pliers, replace lock at own pace

If you pull the wheel off and remove the switchgear you should be able to push on the rod that activates the ignition switch shouldn't you. Either that or get everyone else at the show with a HQ-WB to try their key until you find one that works.

Thanks, got it on a car trailer and got it out of there. Took Steering wheel off Sunday and got indicator mechs out of the way, pulled ignition barrel out and pushed rod to get it started. Now home in Garage. Hope to take Barrel to Locksmith and get key for it.

One question though, when I was stuffing around working out how to get barrel out, I pushed the small spring above the ignition actuater rod. Now it's moved down into the column, sitting above the actuator rod. Obviously this is not how it should be. Is leaving it like that a problem, I'm assuming it's not a good idea. How do I get it back up? I'm thinking of making a hook out of a paperclip and trying to pull it up that way.

Any advice..?
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

Probably the best way to do it I reckon, dont know what the spring would be for though...

Thread Information