Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
Hey Rico.....
Hey Jennie...i actually blame my mum for my love of spiders...i had 4 redbacks in a tank when i was growing up and when i came home from school one day, the pungent stench of bug spray filled the air.......yep, mum gassed them :( So, i got me one tarantula....which led to 2 ...which has now swelled to 19 of them!!! My wife doesnt mind them either.......the biggest one so far is my avatar pic......shes a stocky 18-19cms in diameter(leg span)....shes a beast.....and not so timid
But thanks for the offer all the same
I love the look of redbacks, I have some earrings of them too, I don't wear them but Mum gave them to me years ago....I had one in a jar it was massive, I felt sorry for it, but didn't want to let it loose coz it could have bitten someone...I think they are not aggressive, but they appear to be under most of our outdoor chairs, so I wear gloves when gardening, and I have had a few of them in the shower, so now have to get the house sprayed....i don't have time to be sick and they can make you ill for a couple of days if bitten...