Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not really sandman related, but have a gander anyhoo if ya want.

Depending upon what axe it is, when made, by whom etc.....generrally yes the steel in axeheads is tempered. If it is blue anywhere on the sharpened edge then that is a sign that someone has used a high speed dry grinding wheel. This method of sharpening draws the temper from the metal thus meaning the axe wont hold an edge. Put up a pic if ya want and Ill see what its like. Nothing wrong with tarantulas mate. They keep the flies down in summer.
    Last edited by Rico; 27-10-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Always wondered...is the metal tempered with the axe heads? My axe looks like a busted arse....not pretty.

I collect tarantulas.....people think im a 6 pack short of a slab!!!
    Dead or alive there is a dead one (huntsman) next to Rodney's desk if you want it...I didn't kill it either, I don't mind spiders, although I don't want to be bitten by a redback which there are plenty of out under our pergola at times....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Hey Rico.....looking at your axes, they are made by a certain company..ie, are branded....mine doesnt have a company name so its pretty much a generic piece of sh!t.....but thanks for the info. Axe racing is pretty kick arse to watch. Best of luck

Hey Jennie...i actually blame my mum for my love of spiders...i had 4 redbacks in a tank when i was growing up and when i came home from school one day, the pungent stench of bug spray filled the air.......yep, mum gassed them :( So, i got me one tarantula....which led to 2 ...which has now swelled to 19 of them!!! My wife doesnt mind them either.......the biggest one so far is my avatar pic......shes a stocky 18-19cms in diameter(leg span)....shes a beast.....and not so timid
    But thanks for the offer all the same
    Last edited by Alien DNA; 27-10-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Thanks for the wishes. Thats fair enough on the axe! Lol

nice axes [MENTION=579]Rico[/MENTION], interesting to watch the good old wood/axe chopping racers

Sweet Axes Rico,
    The same deal with any nice chisels or plane blade if they are over ground on the wheel the steel gets annealed and will become super soft.
    I would only ever put my hackers on the grinding wheel.
    You should try to get your hands on some Japanese wet stones they are the bomb when it comes to getting a super good edge. But then again I don't know if super sharp is necessarily good for axes?

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Hey Rico.....
    Hey Jennie...i actually blame my mum for my love of spiders...i had 4 redbacks in a tank when i was growing up and when i came home from school one day, the pungent stench of bug spray filled the air.......yep, mum gassed them :( So, i got me one tarantula....which led to 2 ...which has now swelled to 19 of them!!! My wife doesnt mind them either.......the biggest one so far is my avatar pic......shes a stocky 18-19cms in diameter(leg span)....shes a beast.....and not so timid
    But thanks for the offer all the same
    I love the look of redbacks, I have some earrings of them too, I don't wear them but Mum gave them to me years ago....I had one in a jar it was massive, I felt sorry for it, but didn't want to let it loose coz it could have bitten someone...I think they are not aggressive, but they appear to be under most of our outdoor chairs, so I wear gloves when gardening, and I have had a few of them in the shower, so now have to get the house sprayed....i don't have time to be sick and they can make you ill for a couple of days if bitten...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information