Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not really sandman related, but have a gander anyhoo if ya want.

Not really sandman related, but have a gander anyhoo if ya want.

Hey all, not van/ute related, but heres what I bought with the proceeds of the van sale (besides my wifeys dental work and medical bills).

IMG_6486.jpg

A rare Aussie Speed racing axe

IMG_6481.jpg

30 odd sharpening stones

IMG_6482.jpg

Left of pic is a Stewart Racing Axe, used once, needs re cheiselling and a rare True Blue Racer

IMG_6483.jpg

These are a pair of Tuatahi racing axes, these are a very popular New Zealand made axes.

IMG_6484.jpg

This is an Aussie Keesteel, made by the Legendary axeman Lawrence O'Toole This ones basically ready to go in a chop now.

IMG_6485.jpg

This is another NZ Tuatahi.

Ill edit once I see whats what
    Last edited by Rico; 25-10-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Nice stash there [MENTION=579]Rico[/MENTION] ! Are you a chopper or just a collector of murder weapons? :Chin:

Great collection looks like some of those would be rare and very collectable it sound like you know your axes

[MENTION=172]Gaddy[/MENTION] Gads I not only like to collect all things sharp and dangerous:twisted: I also have a sythe as well. I am training so I can compete one day, also looking and doing 2 man and 1 man sawing too. but an M tooth racing saw is about 1200 bucks roughly.

[MENTION=177]RodneyHZ253[/MENTION] Yeah Ive been interested in axes and axe racing for a while now. Before I bought these axes from my coach I did my research on what was popular, for what timber, used by who etc. The Stewart Racing Axe is the only one so far that I cant seem to find a lot of data on. but as its a brand new axe, race prepped and only used once when the guy hit a knot and took thae chip out of it. So Im sending it off to a feller down Colac way, have a new handle put in and aligned properly, then Ill have a thicker chisel ground in and the bight re-formed. Then Ill see how it goes. When I started I didnt know just how much was in it, loving it though!
    Last edited by Rico; 26-10-2011 at 11:37 AM.

hmmm, i always thought an axe is an axe, i used to chop wood.... u'd probably hate to see how i treat 'em... lol. Didn't know there was such a thing.... still upset about the van tho.....:(
    it's here and I love it!!

Sandman Guru
    Good to see people collecting things other than Holdens!!!!! If everyone wanted to collect the same thing, no-one would want the Fords :(

[MENTION=225]HK1837[/MENTION] There are still plenny o people who want the Fords mate. I assure you of that!

[MENTION=203]Mazdragon[/MENTION] A work axe is just that mate, a work axe, battered beaten they are a great thing though "A great axe that one! Only had 3 new heads and six new handles!" heheh Even an old work axe though I look after. Have you been cutting tree roots with yours? Yeah well, I can always get another van mate. Although it may have to now be a 4WD ute so I can go bush n get some training logs!

Sandman Guru
    [QUOTE=Rico;29585][MENTION=225]HK1837[/MENTION] There are still plenny o people who want the Fords mate. I assure you of that!

QUOTE]

That was the point! If everyone collected the same thing, no-one would want the Fords!

lol I see said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Always wondered...is the metal tempered with the axe heads? My axe looks like a busted arse....not pretty.

I collect tarantulas.....people think im a 6 pack short of a slab!!!

Thread Information