Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hj Kingswood Sandman Rebuild

Thanks for the comments,got some photos of the vn diff conversion i done,will be good to have 4 wheel disc

011.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

done the same thing in my hq, mainly to get 3:08 ratio cause i was having trouble finding a sals one, have you got new axles to suit hq, or changing to commodore, i got new axles made, there chrome moly, which is apparently what goes into 9" or somthing like that, meant to be good, got them for the same price as steels because the shop had no steels, what brake booster are you using, vn or 1" hz/wb? mine looks just like your last photo atm awaiting on the body to be finsihed

Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    done the same thing in my hq, mainly to get 3:08 ratio cause i was having trouble finding a sals one, have you got new axles to suit hq, or changing to commodore, i got new axles made, there chrome moly, which is apparently what goes into 9" or somthing like that, meant to be good, got them for the same price as steels because the shop had no steels, what brake booster are you using, vn or 1" hz/wb? mine looks just like your last photo atm awaiting on the body to be finsihed

I want to get axles to suit hq still looking for a place to do it as for brake booster i am going with a wb one... where you get your axles done

i got mine done a dubbo diff and drive line, just the local shop, were $300 a axle, chrome moly were meant to be 600 each, i doubt my little old commy motor would break them , are you having trouble finding a place? just said to the blokes wanted commy axles but in hq stud, the disk rotar needed the centre bored out a touch, local machinest/welder did that on the lathe

Leadfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by tup39 View Post
    Thanks for the comments,got some photos of the vn diff conversion i done,will be good to have 4 wheel disc

011.jpg

Maybe a diff conversion tutorial for the newbs i.e me???
    Black WB bodied HZ panelvan with a 400 chev called Frankie :nerviness:

Aquarious HX windowless Kingswood project.

I'll have to pull my finger out next time i go down town,what you do with your tailshaft and yoke????

i think ill use sals yoke, with v8 tailshaft, but ive got to get the other end changed to suit the commodore 5spd box

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by HX76King View Post
    Maybe a diff conversion tutorial for the newbs i.e me???
    wasnt real hard, just cut off the vn mounts, except sway bar, and cut some mounts of a banjo, welded a jig to the bench using the sals then put the commy one it set it all up the same, weld, job done, hardest bit was setting it up in the jig will be heaps easier to get parts if need be, the wreckers has got heaps of commies, hey just noticed your from dubbo too

--- Updated ---

btw commy diffs are 15mm skinnier, 7.5 each side, if i remember correctly(correct me if im wrong), but there was stuff all difference between it and a sals

I have just read that you live at Roxby, our daughters boyfriend is about to go there for 3 months to Olympic dam, is that close to you....? he is doing Chemical engineering at Uni and part of his course is going to a mine site for hands on experience...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information