Thread: Bendigo Swap Meet

Bendigo Swap Meet

Anyone heading to Bendigo swap this weekend? Hope the weather is better than last year when we got washed out.

Justin

P Plater
    I'm there every year (I've been going since the mid 90s, inlaws since it's inception). It's our annual pilgrimage.

The forecast looks to be overcast/cloudy for Fri/Sat, with temps around 10-25.
    They predict a bit of rain for Sunday.

Makes a change from the usual 35+ degree heat.

Last year was terrible, although we copped it just as bad back around 2004 I think it was - the whole oval was like a lake on the saturday night. Apparently it's not as bad as back in the 80s when people were floating out of tents on their airbeds, but those legends seem to grow larger each year....

It wouldn't be Bendigo without 4 seasons in one day though!

See u there justin. Dont forget to get me a dash pad before all rhe good stuff goes.

So how was the swap guys, any pics? I was hoping to go but alas other things came up so maybe next year.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

P Plater
    Didn't take any pics. Weather was great - a bit warm if anything, but no rain, and it wasn't overly hot.
    There was quite a bit of HQ-WB stuff there, as usual, but most of it was very average.

I think rhe swap overall is making a bit of a recovery against Ebay (although it was far better 10 years ago).
    Going back 3-4 years it was pretty grim, with a lot of sellers asking stupid money, and saying "but it's worth that on ebay" - my quip back to them was "well who's the fu&^wit sitting in the sun trying to sell it then if ebay's so good?" It seemed all the 'good stuff' was left at home to flog off online for silly prices, and the crap they brought with them was priced the same.

While overall most items were normal prices, some people were still asking ridiculous prices for mundane items - like $250 for a stock VL aircleaner, with the peashooter snorkel - you can get a Brock widemouth with ducting for less than that.

I picked up a handful of commodore bits (best item was a NOS black mast for a VL power aerial), some LPG parts, and some literature. Spent a lot less than most years, bit it was quality over quantity this year.

Only bad part was a blowout on the trailer on the way home (we keep 2 spares on it), but it only delayed us an hour.

Its back on again this weekend if anyone is interested and weather is looking good!

Thread Information