Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HQ Broadcast Sheet

Sandman Guru
    Box 34 says factory side windows, but if you look up on the option codes ticked for the base 0270 V8 van you see A09 which is fixed side windows.

Headlight surrounds may have come with the grille. I'll look and see if I can find them otherwise.

Box 160 is the side stripes (black or white).

Box 179 may be protective wax (they use stick on plastic today)?

Code 904 is the ordering dealer or maybe also the selling dealer
    I dont have this one on a list of dealers
    Any one have a clue ?

901 is supposed to be Nanango Motors Nanango QLD

Sandman Guru
    904 has to be the ordering dealer. It may be an internal code for the zone office.

Build sheet (Large).jpg

Here is another Kingy HQ one off Paul's SS blog... just to use to make out the words on the boxes.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    One other, box 83 where the Carb is, this is the 2 digit code you find on the carby. On a Quaddy it'll be after the carb number eg 7041282 ZF

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Box 160 is the side stripes (black or white).

Box 179 may be protective wax (they use stick on plastic today)?
    Do you think that box 60 is the stripes. I would of thought that could of indicated the black outs on the lower section. If they just chucked the box in the front seat for the dealer would that need to be on the build sheet for the factory floor. Maybe the dealers just ordered them as spare parts if required.

I noticed the wax is ommitted on the other sheet I put up. Could that be because its a mettalic paint not a solid colour?

Mauser

ps thanks for the info Byron. I think its fascinating seeing what they used on the line.

pps... here is a vl dunnydore I found on the web just for interest.
    vlbraodcastsheet.jpg
    Last edited by mauser; 30-11-2011 at 09:38 PM.
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    I reckon it has to be the Sandman stripes. I'm not sure how they specified the black paintout feature change. Maybe it was simply understood as part of XX7?

You can also see WAX specified up in the options list.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I reckon it has to be the Sandman stripes. I'm not sure how they specified the black paintout feature change. Maybe it was simply understood as part of XX7?

You can also see WAX specified up in the options list.

The seat seperator is interesting being hand written. I know the rear console mount is there for the full console and the seat seperator and is in that section because I guess the guy who cut out the tunnel welded in the rear mount.

All the HQ commericals I have seen with bucket seats (eg 30B, 39B etc) that are outside the sandman date range have never had the rear mount that I can recall even if they were 4 speed. Could you even get the Kingswood seat seperator for the column shift in a commerical with buckets?

Mauser

Sandman Guru
    I think it wouldn't be there as Sandman didn't have a seat separator but a console uses the same mount as a seat separator so as you say the floor shift hole was probably blown out the same place on the line that the mount was put in, so YES was handwritten.

You couldn't get a seat separator with a floor shift in anything, but it was mandatory with buckets as far as I can tell unless 4spd was optioned.

The selling dealer was Irving Holden of Ipswich Queensland. The van was supplied as floor stock in 1974. The dealer offered me the van when it came in as I had been waiting a number of months for a van I originally ordered to be built. He must have felt bad about the time it was taking to get my van. At the time he offered me the sandman van or I could have taken a same colour SLR5000 (also floor stock). I took the van. The price difference also helped me decide. Lucky me.

Thread Information