Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash Pad

Dash Pad

Hi all,
    Could someone please advise me on this dashpad for my HJ.The dashpad in the car at the moment has only 1
    air vent cut out on the far lefthand side.I am going to fit A/C to the car and is that second cut out for a airvent
    for integrated air or badges??

Dash Pad.jpg

Cruiser
    Yep it's for air, if you get a factory set up then there will be an offshoot on the duct for the centre one, if that makes sense.

Cheers Mark

Yeh Mark,
    that makes sense,is that also that same for the dash facia having a cut out at the L/H side as mine is currently blanked.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwester View Post
    Yeh Mark,
    that makes sense,is that also that same for the dash facia having a cut out at the L/H side as mine is currently blanked.
    Yes the HJ dash fascia will only have the right side cut out, if you are adding air then cut out the blanked vent on the left of the fascia.

Last edited by Blocker; 18-12-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Cruiser
    That's correct, from memory a duct comes up from the 'heater box' to the L/H side vent and from there across behind the gauges to the R/H side, so you need to get all the duct work from a factory set up as well as the large round vents are different, i don't think there is one on the drivers side with a/c and the passenger one is different, if i get time later will go out to shed and take some pics.

Cheers Mark

So, with all that I'm looking to buy a dash pad....am I on the right track?
    And some pics would be great, thanks for that Mark.
    Thanks
    Tony

Sandman Guru
    Prem upload2.jpg

Most of them will look like this as they came from Premier or Deville, and they have holes where the woodgrain bit goes on the passenger side. You can just see the LH driver's side vent. Factory air on a HJ Belmont, Holden or Kingswood is pretty rare.

I am aware of a late HJ Sandman with all four vents and no air con, which would have the same dash pad as per the opening post to this thread.

Steve

I have just got a hold of the guy selling the Dashpad and he tells me that it has been dyed black.Has anyone had any experience with this before and is this something I should be staying clear of? Were all the original fabrics dyed from factory? I would hate to fit this dashpad and a couple of years down the track have issues with it.

Cruiser
    G'day Tony
    Sorry it's taken a while but it's a rainy day here so i thought i'd have a play in the shed.
    These are the ducts for an a/c system, you can obviously see where 3 of the vents go and there's a small piece that goes up to the drivers left hand side vent.

DSC00339.jpg

And this is the fresh/ recycle air control that goes on the passenger side,you can just see the vacuum operated doohickey sticking out the bottom that controls the air flap, you also need to block off the hole for the fresh air vent that comes down from the cowl area on the drivers side.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Mark

Thread Information