Thread: Fuse clips?

Learner Driver

Fuse clips?

In my HQ wagon (not a sandman sorry!) I am installing a head-unit but my fusebox is missing the fuse for the radio/stereo. I have a fuse for it but not the little metal clips that you push the fuse into, and my local auto shop was no help. They are the old cylinder shaped fuses.

BUT

There is one wire running from the fuse box (tell tales/window relay/backup) to the head unit at the moment which is the ignition wire but I need another wire to go from the box to the head unit which is the battery wire. I have the batttery wire and fuse so could i just wire that up to a fuse that isnt doing much? Like a 15A fuse that is in the CIG.LTR/CLOCK/GLOVE BOX/ TRUNK section and the only thing i have on that list is a cig ltr.

sorry for the essay any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Banned
    You just need to find a constant live wire to keep the memory going in the head unit, and a live wire that is active when the key is in the ACC position, so the radio turns off when the car is turned off. Get a test light and test the back of the fuse box to see which fuses do these two things. You don't need to worry about the fuses in the fuse box because the head unit should have its own fuse in the power wire in its loom.

Learner Driver
    ok well the one wire i have going from the fuse box to the head unit is the one that is active when the key is in the ACC position but I cant find a constantly live one. Is there anything i can do to not worry about the memory and just get power to the head unit so i can finally have music for my cruises? haha

The interior light should be a battery supply.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Banned
    Buy a test light and go looking for an active wire. As Agro said the interior light will be always active, but don't try using the interior light switch in the door pillar as its an earth. I can't remember which wire I used now but I don't recall it being hard to find one. The radio should work if you connect both power wires to the acc feed but you will need to tune and set everything every time you drive it.

Thread Information