Thread: Locate my old HZ Van

Learner Driver

Locate my old HZ Van

I'm trying to find my old hz sandman that i bought new in 1977 from neil neilson holden ferntree gully vic. Went to vic roads, but all they could tell me was that it hadn"t been registered in vic for a long time. So i don't know whether it was wrecked or it went interstate or where it ended up. original rego was IYZ-477 eng QT891300 vin J594937 chassis AHZ00177M serial 395091A Windsor blue. I know it's a long shot, but someone may know of it's whereabouts.

P Plater
    Do they do the search off the rego, vin or chassis number?

Geoff

Learner Driver
    Hi Geoff, I gave her the rego & engine numbers, but all she would say was that it hadn't been registerd for a long time. The frustrating thing is, the previous owner or owners would have been on the screen, because she wanted to know my name, & made no comment when i told her. I actually sold it in 1979, so I'm guessing my name would'nt be on the computer record. Regards, Geoff

P Plater
    I heard a story once on an ek or fc forum about a guy who was able to chase down an ek wagon that his grandfather had owned. He gave the reg authorities in that state the details, and they sent a letter asking if they could contact the guy. He found a shell behind a pub in acountry town, but that was good enough for him. He bought it, the rest is probably another story. So keep trying mate.

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by giturner View Post
    I'm trying to find my old hz sandman that i bought new in 1977 from neil neilson holden ferntree gully vic. Went to vic roads, but all they could tell me was that it hadn"t been registered in vic for a long time. So i don't know whether it was wrecked or it went interstate or where it ended up. original rego was IYZ-477 eng QT891300 vin J594937 chassis AHZ00177M serial 395091A Windsor blue. I know it's a long shot, but someone may know of it's whereabouts.
    I'm on the same storey. My van is 1977 hz sandman that was black but I wasn't the first owner but the second owner. Let me know how you go?

I've had some luck with tracking down rego history of cars . First you need to find out if there is any records of the car .Roads departments can usually can give you yes or no answers . So just ask if there's any record of your car. You might have to ring a couple of times to find a operator that's willing to help . Once you find someone willing to help they can access archive files if the car hasn't had registration for awhile . Then you just need to submit a request for access under the freedom of information . You can ask for any information you like . If you want previous owners they have to send a request to the owner to make sure they can give that information out.

Hope this helps

I'm interested in finding out how you go as well.
    I'd like to find the first owner of both my vans and the whereabouts of my old HG ute.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Learner Driver
    I know it's been more than 10 years since I 1st posted this, but I thought would do an update! Did a freedom of information request to see what info I could get....didn't really get anywhere though. They did tell me the last date it was registered, 1986, & a copy of the original registration form. So unfortunately I still don't know what happened to it.

I wonder if its worth contacting HHS to see if anybody has requested a certificate for those details.

Firstly, I don't know if they keep records of such things and secondly if they would share info...I guess only saying somebody has does not breach any privacy.

Good luck, I've long believed mine was turned into an Excel or two

Thread Information