Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dromana Drive-in Saturday 21st January

Should be good. See you then.

Excellent news, more photos please and see if you can get 'behind the scene' photos with the camera crew and your vans please.
    I have tomorrow off, maybe I should drive over tomorrow and catch up?

Was a last minute thing for me. We were not going to make sat night but fridayy was ok then they asked to bring the van in again. I was not keen unless we could park there all night. All sorted though. See you both there.

Great night, a hell of a lot of pics.

Some highlights from the night:
    Robs face when the girl sat on his van.
    All the great comments from the passers by
    No parking fines/costs and what a great spot to park
    Great show - really enjoyed the music and the movie put together (Thanks Simon) Would recommend you get along in your state if you can
    Looking like someone who belonged as I had my big camera
    Carl getting in the shot for TV
    Starting all three vans at the end and giving the engines a good rev

Sandman Driver
    Great photo's guys & gals, good on you looks like good fun had by all, I will go and see the movie.

Great pics Ian!!!
    What a ripper night. The show was awesome, highly recommended to all. Vans looked great out the front of the regent theatre.Carl was right in the action as well. My young bloke Todd got on shot as well.
    They certainly brought back lots of memories for the crowd and general public. Ian not only did you look the part with that huge camera,but you also know how to use it as well, which is always handy. Yes Ian the bonnet did survive. But as you know I did have to check her behind for any push studs etc first. I know hard job but someone has to do it:eek:

Cheers rob.

Awesome shots Ian!

And what an awesome night! Had a really good time, great show, great music, great company.

Premium parking, and a real VIP treatment!

Heaps of comments from patrons and passersby on the vans, people were really excited by them, alot of older guys and girls reliving their youth seeing them. With all the positive comments it was hard to wipe the smile of my face!

Even driving through the cbd people would stop and stare as we drove past, a couple of guys stopped in the middle of a pedestrian crossing to give us the thumbs up! On the way out of the cbd after the show there was a yell of 'PANO!' as were driving through the city!

I was not expecting to be asked to be part of the TV live cross, that really excited the kids sitting at home watching. The bonus was I got to keep the singlet that they got me to wear!

The people milling around the vans all night was incredible, there were heaps taking photos and getting pics taken standing beside them. The crowd hang around for a good half hour after the show checking them out.

It was a great night, an experience that will stay with me for along time. Thanks to Ian, Jo, Rob & Todd for the great company, I look forward to catching up again soon. Thanks also go to Simon from Bold Jack promotions and Andrew (blocker) for the opportunity.

Cheers,
    Karl.

Thread Information