Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New phone help

New phone help

hey guys time for a new phone, want a smart phone for internet and calls mainly, got to be blue tick becasue service is rubbish, looking at the nokia n9 on telstra, its $59 month dont want to spend much more, got a nokia c2 atm but its only good as a phone, anyone got a n9 or any recommended phones??
    myles

Iphone is what we all have in our family, they are great and you can do anything with them, I don't even carry a camera anymore.

HTC are also good

cheers J
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

yeah i want a i phone, mums got one and she cant get service at home

--- Updated ---

this is what im looking at, does anyone know if telstra has a service gauarentee or similar??
    http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile/pho...s.cfm?phone=n9

Banned
    my iPhone works well, have a car aerial which gives me better service than any phone i have had in my ute.

Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    yeah i want a i phone, mums got one and she cant get service at home

--- Updated ---

this is what im looking at, does anyone know if telstra has a service gauarentee or similar??
    http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile/pho...s.cfm?phone=n9
    Personally I'd keep away from Nokia N9 and the C2, neither of them are running a very solid Operating System. I'd be looking for an Android OS based phone, or an Apple - these two operating systems on phones are proven and reliable, with plenty of support.
    The Samsung Galaxy is a little too plastic for me, I feel it will break if it is in my pocket, the HTC brand phones are solid and well built - the iPhone is well made too.

My preference of and Android phone over an Apple has been mentioned before, they each have everything the other has in terms of apps and features etc.

But here is one thing you must do!
    I recently attended a security conference for work and a recent study has shown that the Android phone is out selling the Apple phones by in the past 12 months, and there has been a dramatic increase (325%) in mobile phone virus in the past year!
    People just download an app because they think it is in the store it is secure... That is far from the truth!

Anyway find a phone that feels right and can provide you with a signal where you live and work.

A huge problem I have had with my Apple 4S Is that it keeps on saying Sim Failure and i am unable to make calls. To make it work you have to restart the phone (this does not always work either). Many of my friends are experiencing the same problem along with other problems. If you do a search on the problem you will find many people with the same thing happening with their phones, apple and the service providers blame each other for the problem... I'm going to try my luck with and see if i can get my phone changed over.
    good luck.

galaxy s2 i only ever used my old phone for text n calling i harldy use the computer now im with voaphone a 29 lan for 12 months i bullied - (wife did really) the lil paki on the phone and we got 12 month plan and phone for 10 bu and got 10% off bill hahahah

best dam thing i have ever had great recpetion only one to get reception at work has loads of great features an dbetter than a apple, spend the cash up front and buy a great phone im converted

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Personally I'd keep away from Nokia N9 and the C2, neither of them are running a very solid Operating System. I'd be looking for an Android OS based phone, or an Apple - these two operating systems on phones are proven and reliable, with plenty of support.
    The Samsung Galaxy is a little too plastic for me, I feel it will break if it is in my pocket, the HTC brand phones are solid and well built - the iPhone is well made too.

My preference of and Android phone over an Apple has been mentioned before, they each have everything the other has in terms of apps and features etc.

But here is one thing you must do!
    I recently attended a security conference for work and a recent study has shown that the Android phone is out selling the Apple phones by in the past 12 months, and there has been a dramatic increase (325%) in mobile phone virus in the past year!
    People just download an app because they think it is in the store it is secure... That is far from the truth!

Anyway find a phone that feels right and can provide you with a signal where you live and work.
    yeah the c2 is useless, pretty tough but service is rubbish, i cant remember if it was blue tick or not, i bought it becasue it was dual sim, turns out its good for telstra but only gets town optus reception which is useless to me, id like a iphone but there not blue tick, i dont need the ipod side either only listen to the radio, the n9 is blue tick tho, what ever it is it has to be blue tick, i was also looking at the motorola defy, its cheaper too 49 a month not 59, water and dust resistant would be good, casue your either wet or covered in dust

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by cheesygrinner View Post
    dad used to have a similar one back in the day, it was in a little black bag, that sat on the middle seat heaps of farmers had them, was corded and had to stay in the car, that was flash as back then

Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post

[/COLOR]
    dad used to have a similar one back in the day, it was in a little black bag, that sat on the middle seat heaps of farmers had them, was corded and had to stay in the car, that was flash as back then
    Myles that was called a bag phone, Rodney had a mitsubishi bag phone, he bought it at the end of 1991, he thought he was pretty clever sitting on a rock on Bronte beach talking to people while I made sandcastles with my then toddlers.....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information