Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself to everyone.

Leadfoot
    Well alright the Alien, If you insist!

I have been a bit cagey about telling anyone what I've got, since she nearly got stolen, the only thing that saved it was the way I butchered the front arms to remove the springs way back when I was a kid, and didn't know what I had, It happened after a mate casually mentioned it to someone else, then the wrong types figured they'd remove her from my possession, luckily they couldn't get her onto the car trailer and gave up Shes now in bits locked away in my shed, but the body is in real rough shape.

A couple of scanned photos from 1992 when we first dragged her home

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into her, but at the moment I'm just trying to find all the missing bits.

She's a glorious old girl

That's quite a hit in the rear end :(

Glad the mongrel thieves didn't get their way

wow... what a pearler. was she a 308 or 253?

what bits are you missing... you have the rarest guards as GTS with a belmont badge and not GTS badge holes.

I have 39B as my interiour as well. Can we have some photos of inside as well. :-)

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Curious....the GTS badges youre referring to Mauser, they the ones under the flutes? And are the Belmont holes the same as the 'Monaro' holes, position wise?
    Last edited by Alien DNA; 31-08-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Leadfoot
    Sorry Mauser, I don't have any, 20 odd years ago I really didn't know what I had, I knew it was a sandman but not how unique that actually made her. I only bought her for the GTS guards and the GTS dash the rest was headed for scrap
    It's Just bloody lucky I came up with a hair brained scheme to chop her up into a convertible ute (in my defense it was the '90s) and thank god, never followed through with it. she sat rotting at mum and dads, and was nearly scrapped when they sold their house, it was around that time I finally worked out what I had and now shes apart and in the shed waiting for her turn.

The interior shots wouldn't have been much good any way she came with a bench seat, and standard wheel, the console gone and rear bracket hacked out the hood lining was badly water damaged from the 2 sunroofs, and most of the inner rail that supports the roof, and the bows go into was rotted away, and the top of the quarters/ ute tub was also rotted through. It didn't look too bad from the outside, however it was a different story on the inside. Now after 20 years ....aside from the 2 holes in the top she's pretty much knackered! Being a sheet metal guy and having some even better body restoration contacts, my current plan is to do a body swap, then reconstruct everything Sandman as per factory, spot welded where and how it should be, so hopefully even the well trained eye will have trouble telling the difference. I'll probably try to find a prem to donate the seats, console, interior light switches etc, so I can use all factory parts.

Edit: BTW Mauser, she's a 253 - M20!

Cheers, Scott.
    Last edited by ABSINTH74HQ; 30-08-2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: extra info

Sounds like a plan scott love yellow on vans
    it will be well worth it in the end bud
    cheers gene.

Cruiser
    hey all this all new to me doing up ahz sand man ute half way now will have 355 stroker yellow in colour with stripes and a rear fibre glass wing for some thing different

Welcome Rocky hope to see more of you on site and also your build.

Cruiser
    hi all from melbourne my job is a cabinet maker favourite movie rocky just watched heat great movie doing up a hz sand man ute clone should be on the road by xmas i hope

Cruiser
    hi there is a van 4 sale in melb its a 6cyl not sure if its a hj or hx has side windows heard its pretty clean can find out colour he wants 22 500

Thread Information