Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself to everyone.

Hi Tim welcome and thanks for not stalking anymore
    Sounds like you have some great projects on the go so good luck with them... also a few music fans on here as well so you're in great company.

Gday tim. How many friend requests have you gotten since posting up that you're a panelbeater/spraypainter?

I think I remember seeing your Cobra on ebay. I take it you're the guy that painted Simo's red Valiant Custom tribute van? Nice stuff on both of those. You should become the most popular person on MySandman with those kind of skills.

Learner Driver
    hey playwme ..... yeah, I painted Simon's Val.... and yes, you may well have seen my xc cobra van on ebay..... I have the feeling that maybe you're a photographer?

Quote Originally Posted by tim_138 View Post
    hey playwme ..... yeah, I painted Simon's Val.... and yes, you may well have seen my xc cobra van on ebay..... I have the feeling that maybe you're a photographer?
    Nope, just a hoarder (to quote others). I've got a couple of Valiants (VG Hardtop and VF ute) so I hang around Hemi6pack.com a bit and followed a lot of Simons build. Not only does the man know how to build a van but he's bloody good at putting the process into words and pictures for the rest of us to follow the journey.

I'm from: Emerald Qld, but grew up un a couple of cattle properties north of Mt Isa, and in Mt Isa itself. Left there at 35 in 2004/5 and moved to Emerald with wife and kids, 5 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter, at the time.
    I found mySandman: Just cars magazine, total restore in Canberra.
    For a living I: Electrical Maintenance Supervisor for Rio Tinto's new Kestrel South underground coal mine about 40 km's north east of Emerald.
    The best film I've ever seen is: Midnight Run, lost count how many times I watched it.
    I'm currently listening to: 2 1/2 Men on TV
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Play the instrumental break from Dire Strait's "Sultans of Swing" on the giutar. Can't play the giutar yet, but have started lessons 3 times in the last 30 years.
    Something I'm really proud of is: My 12 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter.
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

I'm from: Frankston, Victoria
    I found mySandman.com.au: After i bought a panny and started to reserch some info
    for a living I:Fit tyres at beaurepaires frankston and a joiner by trade
    The best film I've ever seen is:Fear and loathing in las vagas/ bio dome
    I'm currently listening to:The radio in the garage calling me back in to work on my panny
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Own a restoration shop for classics + hot rods
    Something I'm really proud of is:My Lady and my Son they rock my world

Welcome Phill enjoy your time here.

P Plater
    I'm from: Rutherglen VIC
    I found mySandman:3 Yrs ago on good old ebay when getting info on HQ series vans
    For a living I: Maintain charter Aircraft
    The best film I've ever seen is:Police academy series
    I'm currently listening to:Billy Idol & The ANGELS
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: finish the van & travel some more
    Something I'm really proud of is:My family & past sporting achievements
    I have use the site many times to gather info & i like seeing other projects & photo's. I have asked the odd question & i am greatful of the replies i have received. I don't use the site as socially as others & don't consider myself a stalker. My project van is at a point now, where i can provide some more of the experience to the site as i have recently added an album.

Hey [MENTION=828]steve1975[/MENTION], look forward to some more pictures of the Q'y.

I'm from: Wollongong NSW
    I found mySandman: Currently building a replica HQ Sandman Ute and found it on Ebay for a steal
    For a living I: work for NSW Government
    The best film I've ever seen is:Talladeger Nights
    I'm currently listening to: Radio while at work
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Have my ute finished
    Something I'm really proud of is: My family

Thread Information