Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself to everyone.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    P Plater
    I'M from...Originally SA now in Moss vale NSW
    I found my Sandman..... in a local paddock. Privileged to be allowed to buy it from local businessman who knocked back many offers
    For a living....businessman.......somewhat Steptoe-like, mechanic by trade(or is that tirade?)
    best film I ever saw......citizen X, this is spinal tap, great rock n roll swindle, once were warriors and it's follow on
    currently listening to....Vivaldi, DeBussy
    Thing I'd like most to do, that I haven't done is....Jennifer Hawkins.....(dreaming) take a Bugatti Veyron for a nice spin ....somewhere aound Hay
    Something I'm really proud of.....my family. and the cars and bike.

I'm from: Melbourne Victoria
    I found mySandman: In the trading post in 1987
    For a living I: retired
    The best film I've ever seen is: Omega Man
    I'm currently listening to: Black sabbath
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: travel
    Something I'm really proud of is: mySandman.com.au and the great people that make it alive.

I'm from: Pakenham Victoria
    I found mySandman: HZ Van: After asking questions on Fastlane & OldHolden (pre mysandman) and nagging a bloke for weeks to sell it.
    HQ Ute: On eBay.
    I found mySandman.com.au: I think by googling sandman.
    For a living I: Am the golf pro at Kingston Heath Golf Club.
    The best film I've ever seen is: Caddyshack.
    I'm currently listening to: Final Coversation of Kings - The Butterfly Effect
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Start work on the HQ resto.
    Something I'm really proud of is: My Van.
    Last edited by jbsandman76; 23-01-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: website update

I'm from: Toronto, NSW
    I found mySandman: WEBSITE: Unsure CAR: Word of mouth
    For a living I: Sparky
    The best film I've ever seen is: Highlander movies
    I'm currently listening to: The Sweet - Greatest hits
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Have the idea (that's in my head) of how my van SHOULD look.
    Something I'm really proud of is: The work the Mrs & I have done to the HZ (She's done 99% of the interior herself)
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

I'm from:Newy
    I found mySandman:No sandy here, just a WB van a bloke on facebook swapped me for a VS Commodore
    For a living I: Night shift supervisor at a pallet joint
    The best film I've ever seen is:Most of the old aussie car movies
    I'm currently listening to: Slayer
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Get my cars where they should be. It's happening, albeit very slowly at the moment
    Something I'm really proud of is:The fact I can't remember the last time I payed a mechanic for any work. Pretty well all done at home, either alone or with mates.

EDIT: Found this forum through a link on gmh-Torana a fair while ago. Didn't actually sign up till I got my van though.
    Last edited by V8VAN; 23-01-2012 at 02:23 PM.

I'm from:Parkes in Central West NSW
    I found mySandman: through Unique cars, and totally rebuilt it back to original (since then have purchased 3 more) found mysandman.com.au by looking on the net for colour charts, and clicked on forum and here I stayed 2 years later.
    For a living I: My husband rodneyHZ253 on the forum, and I are partners in a building business.
    The best film I've ever seen is: Greece, Puberty blues, anything nostaligic and Australian
    I'm currently listening to: The today show on TV
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: not sure I have had a good life, and done most things I want to do
    Something I'm really proud of is: raising our two children to be nice adults with Uni degrees, and not having to use childcare, rebuilding our sandmans, and being married to the same person for 26 years. I also am proud that I have met all my mysandman.com.au friends, and met a fair majority of them face to face.
    Last edited by jennie285; 29-04-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Banned
    I'm from: Central West NSW
    I found mySandman: Following Byrons thread on Fastlane(also have to add that I joined as about member number 3 or 4 on my sandman.com.au) and I found my sandman ute on evil bay.
    For a living I: Drive very big trucks and also am a farmer.
    The best film I've ever seen is: Into The Wild
    I'm currently listening to: INXS, The Doors, The Cars, Jimmy Hendrix, George Thorogood ..........
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: get a job that lets me live at home.
    Something I'm really proud of is: my family
    Last edited by wbute; 23-01-2012 at 09:13 AM.

I'm from: Canberra. If you need me to put what state that's in you probably should be at school instead of hanging around here.
    I found mySandman: .com - from that fastlane link. Hope Byrons getting royalties for all those recommendations.
    For a living I: let the wife work in the public service while I do odd jobs and daddy duties.
    The best film I've ever seen is: what sort of stupid question is that? How are you supposed to pick one movie. That's like asking "what's the best pair of boobs you've seen?"
    I'm currently listening to: Golden oldies 1053 2CA
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Travel Australia
    Something I'm really proud of is: Everything in this photo dressed in red.
    penny sandman.jpg

Learner Driver
    I'm from: Hoppers Crossing, Victoria
    I found mySandman: By chance on gumtree located in Bendigo
    For a living I: am an operations manager for a labour hire company
    The best film I've ever seen is: The good, bad and ugly
    I'm currently listening to: DJ Tiesto, i love my trance and dance music
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: get my arse into gear and start working on my van.
    Something I'm really proud of is: being patient...

G'day all.

I'm from: NSW, Australia
    I found mySandman: not yet, would love to have one though lol. As for the forum, trawling for info to help me buy a HQ ute (wound up with a HZ instead)
    For a living I: am an apprentice boilermaker.
    The best film I've ever seen is: anything with cars/guns/bikes/explosions etc in any order (girls do make it all the better lol).
    I'm currently listening to: Into The Night - Santana.
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Drive my HZ ute, but it needs work and rego.
    Something I'm really proud of is: mySandman.com.au and the great people that make it alive.

BTW, can someone help me out with posting pics. I've tried but keep getting told my images are too big. What's the ideal file size?

Cheers, Evan.
    Last edited by 79Z33L; 31-01-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Thread Information