Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My HX P/V

Hi Carlitto have a look at my shed thread on our Red van, we filled in our windows, and our panel beater did a terrific job, they look so much better, we have a mandarin red Sandman ute the colour is nice, you can also look at that.... btw
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Learner Driver
    thank you again for all your great suggestions it is muchly appreciated, at the moment the drive line is a 6cyl with auto and banjo diff... that will be changed. i am seriously thinking about a 350 chev with turbo 350 and 10 bolt (as i had in a previous van) but as it has been a number of years since i have rebuilt a car, i am not sure on all the new regs ect. Or the other simple option is a injected 5lt and auto which seems to be a popular trasnplant. just prior to purchising the van i just sold my 1990 vn 5lt interceptor it never missed a beat even after all the punishment i put it through. i wish i had the forsight i wouldve kept it and trasplanted the drive line. D'oh. thank you jennie i will check out your rides. As for the side windows i dont like the look of them, had there have been two windows on each side i may of just put in bubble windows and be done. any way again thank you for all your great suggestions. cheers.
    Last edited by carlitto64; 02-02-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: added more to the post.

Learner Driver
    It's been a while since i have updated any progress, but over the last few weeks i have been able to get in to the garage and do some work on the van. slowly its past life is starting to show itself, although there is more damage than i first thought there was, but what do i expect for a van that is 30 years old.

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_05481.jpg

IMG_04341.jpg

IMG_04551.jpg
    Last edited by carlitto64; 17-07-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: adding more pics

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    If you like the look of the Mandarin red then get down to your nearest hobby shop and pick up one of the Biante HX panelvans in Mandarin Red. Then you'll be able to see exactly how it will look.
    Or you can see it on our ute...

Its a very bright colour and looks great

HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

What colour was it factory? Looks like a yellow under there along with the factory blackouts? Might be better off painting it the original colour if it's a genuine Sandman (as long as its a colour you could live with).

Banned
    That tonneau looks a bit dodgy Jennie. Who made that?

Learner Driver
    Playwme, yeah it looks like that was the original color Absinth Yellow and tag confirms it, i think they call it (baby poo yellow), i dont dislike the color but as i am a long way off from painting it, it is still something that i have to decide. however i do like the color on Jennie's ute. Cheers
    Last edited by carlitto64; 19-07-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: correct my spelling mistakes :)

Quote Originally Posted by carlitto64 View Post
    That isn't Absinth Yellow. What are the numbers on your tag after "paint"?

That looks more to me like Papaya (or similar) to me....

Absinth looks like this:

IMG_12411.jpg

Great work though!

Dave
    Nunc est bibendum...

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    That tonneau looks a bit dodgy Jennie. Who made that?
    Rare spares it was ordered through, but some one made it, I will read the box and let you know. What part do you think appears dodgy, as can't really remember back to what Tarps looked like... BTW maybe you had better post that clock to me, and can the workings be swapped onto a white needle clock?
    Cheers J
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Learner Driver
    My bad i meant durham beige (568 15952). i was looking for the paint codes on this site but cant seem to find them?

Thread Information