Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandman Run

Sandman Run

Well last year we failed to get a Sandman run up and running at all. Therefore it must be time for the Bi-Annual Sandman run again.

2 years ago we went down through Torquey to Lorne on the West coast. This time I thought we could cruise down the Mornington Peninsula to Flinders, Cape Schank and back via Rosebud.

Flinders Run.jpg

From previous attempts I know most people prefer Sundays. Easter is also coming up.

Sunday 8th April (Easter)
    Monay 9th April (Easter)
    Sunday 15th April (This would be a good day to cruise up to Lancefield as they have their Swap meet and car show on that day)
    Sunday 13th May
    Monday 11th June (Queens Birthday)

Come on guys, lets get this up and running.

Will definitely be up for a cruise with you Ian (if you will accept a non-sandman)

Only thing is we will be at the Van-in at Albury at Easter....

Any of the other days for a cruise down the peninsula would be great!

Sounds good. Not sure if the HZ will be regoed by then but it gives me something to aim for!

lancefield would be a great stop, i live in kyneton and would love to see some of the vans

Learner Driver
    Count me in love to cruise !!!!! Mornington Peninsula sounds great. not the 11 of june for me.

Need more support to get this organised.

Free dates from everyone interested and prefered route. Open to all suggestions. One with the most support gets up.

Im all for a run but I dont think Ill be ready in April. More likely May or June.. Id be keen to do a central highlands run...? Its a really really nice drive through there.. Heaps of car clubs do it. Say something like western hwy, greendale, blackwood, trentham, daylesford, Stop at a pub for lunch... woodend, kyneton, malsmbury, sunbury.. Back into into Melbs..

Suits me a bit more than geting over to the penninsula... Just my suggestion.

Good onya for getting onto it Ian!

Great idea ian ! I would be keen for a cruise in the daylesford/maldon area but unfortunately I am unavailable on the April & may dates (kids sport), June date could be good. Cheers Richard

QUOTE=hainzy;39304]Im all for a run but I dont think Ill be ready in April. More likely May or June.. Id be keen to do a central highlands run...? Its a really really nice drive through there.. Heaps of car clubs do it. Say something like western hwy, greendale, blackwood, trentham, daylesford, Stop at a pub for lunch... woodend, kyneton, malsmbury, sunbury.. Back into into Melbs..

Suits me a bit more than geting over to the penninsula... Just my suggestion.

Good onya for getting onto it Ian![/QUOTE]

Ok, here is the deal for this cruise:

The Lancefield swap meet and car show is on Sunday 15th April. Apparanetly they had 200 cars there last year.

Cruise there or meet there for some. Have a look around, chill for a bit then cruise to Woodend and have a snack at the Holgate Brewhouse at Keating's Hotel
    79 High St www.holgatebrewhouse.com/.

I live in Northcote and will be cruising along Bell st and up the Tulla freeway. Let me know if you are interested.

Open to all classic Holdens not just Sandmans this time as we may not have many Sandmans ready for this event.

Ian

bump

Thread Information