Thread: Vanning enthusiasts or vanning philosophers

Vanning enthusiasts or vanning philosophers

VANNING ENTHUSIASTS OR VANNING PHILOSOPHERS

Well the great vanning journeys of 2012 have begun. As I type, vans from Queensland and Victoria (and probably Arthur from Tasmania) are already on the road to the Murray River in WA and we wish they all have a safe trip. While many others are packing their vans for the Murray River in NSW for what is hoped will be another annual event on the vanning calendar.

The traditional Australian Van Nationals is being held in WA for the first time and many long term entrants of this event are trekking across the country to support our WA mates who have been crossing the Nullabor almost every year since 1975. If you've never been to WA, what better time to go than during a national event to see vans from around the world's most isolated capital city.

However, if you're not already on the road, bought a cheap return flight to Perth a few months ago, or have a fat wallet to get a last minute Easter flight, Russell "Rusty" Smith, who is a regular to the Van Nationals is co-ordinating the Majestic Vanners Van-In at Albury NSW. Looks like a great alternative for those limited by time, money or both from going to WA. If it goes as well as expected under Rusty's guidance, and becomes an annual event, I'll be first to sign up for 2013.

For Easter 2013, all van enthusiasts will be together again in Caboolture QLD, as one of the country's most famous vans, Alley Cat, is expected to return for the 30th anniversary of it taking out the Top Van in Australia award way back in 1983. A Queensland van nationals is traditionally well attended as many enthusiasts take the kids along and drop in to the Gold Coast for a holiday after the event.

So with three major vanning events in 12 months, 80 to 90% of the population is within 3hrs drive of one of these events, do what you can to get to one or two of these events. If you have read this far you must have an interest in motoring (driving a vehicle) as opposed to someone who ponders on the meaning of life, religion or time & space. Your participation in these type of events will define you as a vanning enthusiast, not a vanning philosopher. Swap the keyboard for steering wheel for a weekend or two, it will be still there when you get back home. You will be inspired to finish off that long term project before the next major vanning event and more vans will bring more events.

Details of all events can be found on SouthernCrossVans.com and make sure you travel safely during the Easter period.

Fres

Fres Another big outing for us is the all Holden day in Sydney I think we should get a bit organised this year and try to get my sandman people ,southern cross vanner,and east coat vanner in one area

Sounds good Rod. I now know one of the AHD committee members and will see what we can do

All Holden Day 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyHZ253 View Post
    Fres Another big outing for us is the all Holden day in Sydney I think we should get a bit organised this year and try to get my sandman people ,southern cross vanner,and east coat vanner in one area
    Received the official sponsorship details from AHD.
    While we got away with putting up three van awards last year (Most Desirable Sandman, Most Desirable Custom Van & Most Desirable Pre 72) all voted for by van entrant/owners only, the organisers (including a couple of van enthusiasts from the 80's/90's) prefer if we go through the official channels. The cost is $77 per award but much better quality awards than our efforts in 2011. So that's a total of $231. We could find our own sponsor/s or attempt to through in $10 per van to cover costs. Any thoughts? SouthernCrossVans.com would be happy to thrown in one lot of $77

To get the vans (and utes) all in the same area, we need to put on the entry form a common name. On the day, all mySandman would be together next to all the Sundowner Van Club, next to East Coast... We tried "NSW vans" last year and didn't quite go to plan.

The AHD committee members that owned a van in the 80's/90's started up Four Seasons Van Club. It wasn't long before everyone referred to them as the Pizza Club. So in an effort to get as many vans/utes in the same area we could put on the entry form "Four Seasons Van Club". I'll have a word to Garry & Denise and clue them in - just a thought...

Fress I've talked to blocker and he would like to do something in relation to sponsoring an award or two to the all Holden day in regards to panels vans and especially sandman's . If you could pm him a contact with the AHD committe or sent him the official sponsonship details he will get in contact with them directly and sort it out and off course liase with yourself

In regard to all van groups and friends getting together we need a name like you have surgested that is not related to one partical van club that we can enter under although possibly change club for group and therefore not claiming to be a club as such
    We did get a reasonable group last year by entering under my sandman.com banner
    My surgestions would be
    All Holden van group,which show it a group for the all holden day partically
    all Holden vanners ,simpler to above
    Holden vanners
    Holden van inn
    All Holden van inn
    Four seasons van group
    Or , Four season vanners
    On rereading my post I partially like All Holden vanners or the all Holden van inn .
    You would not necessarily have to have van to enter to this area so maybe
    All Holden van inn and friends or all Holden vanners and friends

Knowing someone on the committe would definitely be of assistance
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

Sounds great, Q set and I were only talking about this last night. My vote is for 'All Holden van inn and friends' as there is a lot of us here that appreciate the Vans but could be driving/entering something else.

Good work Fres, keep us posted.

All sounds good. Throw it around and see what we come up with.
    Will scan and send the sponsor letter to you Blocker.
    Might need some assistance with the peer judging this year - leaving on 23rd June for work in NYC and US Van Nats in Wisconsin, arrive back in Oz the day before AHD

Thread Information