Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Sender Units - Repo

Cruiser

Fuel Sender Units - Repo

Just wondering if anyone reccommends replacing their fuel sender unit with the repo ones on the market, Rares etc, I think mine still works not a 100% but wondering while the tank is out if it is worthwhile?

Speak to Greg (Ozwreck) am pretty sure he had some NOS of these or some good repro ones, he mentioned them to me a while ago, and we need an oil light sender for the red van, our fuel senders were all okay......he will know if the rares ones are okay anyways...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Given their simplicity, I'd wonder if it's worth it as long as it's still working.

The only one I had fault, the insulation let go and it earthed out. So I would check that at a minimum.

Edit: As Jen just said, the one I had that was stuffed I replaced with one from Classic Oz Wreck that had been checked and was all smicko. The guy that bought the wagon off me that it was in has complained about every other little thing that died since he got it, so it much still be great, haha.
    Last edited by ambientgoat; 08-05-2012 at 08:10 PM.

ive sold a bunch of the repro ones coz the second hand ones are very much a hit and miss affair a lot of the time..currently i have 5 new ones in stock and have sold 5 and havent had any problems on returns..

I need one oz how much and and how do i get hold of it, thanks

If yours is a HQ B-rock-05 at some point they changed. The guage has to match the sender unit somehow. Im not sure how you even tell what is what but I think they have to be matched.

Mauser

--- Updated ---

Found where I read it...

http://www.fastlane.com.au/forums/to...hq,fuel,sender

Being that we both have vans made in '74 we should have thermal senders. My GTS guages are Flexdrive and also dated '74 so I think that means I should be ok.

Mauser
    Last edited by mauser; 15-05-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Quote Originally Posted by b-rock-05 View Post
    I need one oz how much and and how do i get hold of it, thanks
    you can call me on 0249594546 in business hours and i do cards over the phone or direct deposits..$140 delivered reg and insured to where you are..

Thanks guys ill give you a call tomorrow oz, thanks

I've got the rares one in mine now, had it for almost 2 years no dramas so far

P Plater
    I realize it's an old thread but wanted to mention. My fuel send sender for my HZ Sandman Ute was non functional so mechanic pulled the tank out and installed a new aftermarket Fuel sender unit. On filling tank the O Ring seal supplied with aftermarket sender unit failed to seal and leaked on a full fill of the tank. Upon tank removal I checked the O Ring and it appeared slightly to big and of a very hard duro hardness, with average quality nitrile. I purchased a new replacement O Ring (part:7421765) and it was exactly the same? I am a seal guy so checked application position and size; and the correct O Ring for the job should at the very least these days be a quality Viton material, to deal with our current fuels. If anyone else does this job or is planning to do the job use P50A Viton - 49.6 x 5.7 V75. see picture below the brown one is the Viton material the black is the replacement (7421765) I was supplied.
    IMG_1575_small.jpg
    I'm not looking to sell them to other Sandman owners, as you should be able to get from Bearing Companies; but if you get stuck send me a message I'm happy to help.
    Geoff

Thread Information