Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Show QLD 23rd June Caboolture

Thumbs up Car Show QLD 23rd June Caboolture

Hi all, I have been told that there is a car show on next weekend at the Caboolture showgrounds. I believe it starts around 9am. Just wondering if any QLD members are going as I'm up there next weekend and would like to say hello. Des

P Plater

Should be a great day

Sharon & I are taking the Sandman down on Saturday 23rd to Caboolture. Sunstate vans are going to be there in force & we looking forward to catching up with them again.So come and say G'day and meet us .

Hi Lucky Bob, I will be wearing an A9X black hat with a blue sandman Tee Shirt if weather is good just to wear a Tshirt. See you there Des

The QLD chapter of Majestic Vanners will be in attendance aswell, make sure you say G'day and check out Simon's custom Val 'disturbia' amongst others. Wish I was going, but I will be up there next easter for the Van Nationals.

I plan also to have the HZ at the Van Nationals next year. Just being there enjoying myself , not for having the car judged or anything. I will say hello to the guys on this trip.
    Can anyone remember a Jade Green HJ Sandman 308 4 speed with a mural of a Conan figure with a girl along side of his leg this was in the late 70's through until 1988. It was in Sydney 1988 and Brisbane before that. It also had red velour in the back and the cabin divider in shape of a heart.

Sandman Driver
    Beast & Lucky bob, Make sure you come say Hi, I will be there in the Van with my wife, be good to meet you folk. Look forward to Saturday... Mick

Looking forward to catching up. If you see the A9X hat wave. Des

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Master View Post
    I plan also to have the HZ at the Van Nationals next year. Just being there enjoying myself , not for having the car judged or anything. I will say hello to the guys on this trip.
    Can anyone remember a Jade Green HJ Sandman 308 4 speed with a mural of a Conan figure with a girl along side of his leg this was in the late 70's through until 1988. It was in Sydney 1988 and Brisbane before that. It also had red velour in the back and the cabin divider in shape of a heart.
    You could check the Van Register on the Majestics Forum:

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.co...er-van-history

It is an archive of old show vans from back in the day, I think you will find the van you are talking about in a thread called 'Do you know this van?' about a third of the way down the first page. You will need to register to view the page, but it is free, and is a great resource for those interested in vanning.

Thanks for that tip. I used to ride and drive around in that Van. My mate bought that Van in the early eighties and it was a beauty. We used to swap cars depending on where we were going. Thanks Des

This is the car and I can't believe there is a photo. Thanks for this HQVAN
    van_at_1986_nationals.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by HQVAN View Post
    You could check the Van Register on the Majestics Forum:

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.co...er-van-history

It is an archive of old show vans from back in the day, I think you will find the van you are talking about in a thread called 'Do you know this van?' about a third of the way down the first page. You will need to register to view the page, but it is free, and is a great resource for those interested in vanning.

Thread Information