View Poll Results: Do you consider the HBD Vans as Sandman's?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 31.48%
  • No

37 68.52%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: V series 'Sandman'

I totally respect every persons opinion on this......i'm only kinda pissed at GMH for not actually body tagging (ie a definitive XX7 style letter/number stamp....not an add on tag) and not going the whole hog and releasing a genuine "sandman" road going version to the public. That would end all debate....period. I mean, how much more public interest was needed for them to do that. When i saw Mambo at the motorshow.....people were going ballastic over it.....by far the coolest car at the show. I think its a great shame that didnt go ahead with it.....because its a freaking awesome bit of gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    When i saw Mambo at the motorshow.....people were going ballastic over it.....by far the coolest car at the show. I think its a great shame that didnt go ahead with it.....because its a freaking awesome bit of gear!
    See this is where we differ. I'm saying Holden did go ahead with it, that is what this thread is about. So it didn't get the decals. Outside for that they are basically the same as the MAMBO. Much like the Sea Witch and the regular production Sandman.

And they did get a stamped plate also.

Regards, Smooth

Great read guys. IMO you can call it what you like I guess. I'm just happy to finally own one. And to get it from the guy who bought it new is a bonus as he loved it and looked after it well.
    I still have the HX Sandman in the shed which has started it's resto so will be rapped when it's done and I can have them both parked side by side at car shows!!
    Maybe I should paint the HX the same colour as the VY!! See what ppl have to say then!!! Definitely a lot better than it's original colour Papaya!!
    Cheers.
    Gaddy.

Papaya rocks Gaddy really not a fan of new colours on old cars....but each to their own

I'm with Alien, new colours on old cars don't rock my world. In most cases simply look wrong. It's like fitting modern wheels on early cars.
    Super gald you got your VY Van Gaddy, I hope you are enjoying it. She's a loverly ride.

Regards, Smooth

I reckon you should paint the new one Papaya Gaddy, just to mix it up a bit. Then get some 15 inch GTS wheels and have them redrilled for commodore stud pattern.
    Last edited by playwme; 27-11-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Damn auto correct.

15's are waaaay too big, I reckon I might still have some 14's (with the centre caps of course) off a VB/C commy out the back of the shed, they should look trick with some 175/75's on them...
    Nunc est bibendum...

Then pull out the LS1 and the 6 speed and chuck in a 253 and M20.

Papaya is a fully sick colour. 100% fully sick. My HX is Manderin. Not a bad colour but I would prefer Papaya
    BQZ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    No, not at all. I was referring to all Holden Panel Vans from FJ and this was long before full chassis versions that started quite late at HQ. Also the One Tonner chassis is longer than a Ute/Panel Van.

Regards, Smooth
    The cab, the cab. All commercials are one tonner cab floor pan and it runs right up to b pillars. Have a look and you will see. Who gives a rats about this pointless argument anyway. I am happy driving my wb. Sandmans have become an over priced sticker kit.

Thread Information