Quote Originally Posted by Taily View Post
Yes you did. In your very first post at the end of your third sentence.
No I never asked! I know its a panel van! Look at the things. Hard pressed to say it looks like anything else!

And before you say its a ute with a canopy have a look at any panel van holden have ever released... all based off the utility format.

Um, no. Mine was a Kingswood base and a ute at that, but thanks for asking....
Sorry didn't ask that either... yes yes yes they were based off what ever the dealer fitted the Sandman pack to in MOST cases. Before you start saying something along the lines of mine a Brisbane build xu3 xx7 I don't care!

With that comment I was merely making the point that, hey 'Sandmans' where not the top of the line product to start with. They started life as an ordinary ute or van which than coped the holden option at the time called 'Sandman Pack'. With Exceptions...

You asked the question on a BB devoted to an Aussie classic and the result surprises you (and written sooooo well too - try these two next time - "thought process")? Why? Or is it that it was your intention all along to get a rise out of some, which is the more than likely reason you decided to play sciolist in the first place and now have placed a flouncy post having a go at everyone who seems to have a contrary opinion to yours....

Smell the roses mate and be aware that there is the odd person here who could see what you were really trying to do. In the mean time.... Grow-up.

Maybe I was trying to promote the fact Holden have dubbed these as Sandmans and hey maybe a web site called my sandman should recognize these as Sandmans. Maybe give the people that own these modern Sandmans some where to come hang out and contribute to the forums.

Clearly not everyone one likes this idea.

As for growing up... mate think I'm there.

The problem with forums or anything bashed into text on a public place is that things can be taken the wrong way. Clearly you have taken what I have started negatively. When in fact I was trying to make the point that yes they are Sandmans and maybe there is a lot of people out there that have never been shown the proof behind why they are regarded as Sandmans.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
It failed as no one wanted a ute with a canopy on it.
Some people did mate and lots more still do or they would not be producing the panel van roof any more.

So if future judge type people want to call a V series ute with a canopy a Sandman then they will also have to call H series utes with canopies panel vans.
No not a panel van unless It one looks like a panel van.

However, who cares what a judge reckons anyway? Cars are restored to be enjoyed by all, if a judge likes it then thats a bonus.
100% agree with you there!

Regards Jon