Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rego issues

It will need a Identity inspection first (on Naweena Rd at Regency Park) because the car is older than 7 years. Then the car is given a slip to allow it to be booked into Regency Park for the roadworthy. It's the first inspection you will need so I would talk to them. Phoning them for advice is sometimes good, sometimes bad, I have registered trucks and machines and it often varies for them. The initial inspection is not that expensive, $40 or so I think (been a while since I have done one)
    Nearly on the Road

Quote Originally Posted by HQ Sandman Ute View Post
    I am in NSW and a mate of mine just bought a VF Valient where it has the compliance plate missing.

He phoned the RTA and they said that they could stamp the body for him.

Not ideal as it reduces the value of his car. Maybe they could in SA too, but who knows?
    How do you reduce the value of a VF Valiant? Last one I bought cost me $49. ( no typo there , $49)

I just sold my vf pacer for 5000.00 ,cheap to a mate to fit the sandman in my shed ,I'm still hurting about selling it .

Alright, a Pacer is probably the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW1974 View Post
    It will need a Identity inspection first (on Naweena Rd at Regency Park) because the car is older than 7 years. Then the car is given a slip to allow it to be booked into Regency Park for the roadworthy. It's the first inspection you will need so I would talk to them. Phoning them for advice is sometimes good, sometimes bad, I have registered trucks and machines and it often varies for them. The initial inspection is not that expensive, $40 or so I think (been a while since I have done one)
    I would say the phone call to regency is well worth while. I called when i was putting my 308 in, the guy was upset because i wasn't putting in a 454.. I have an even better story when it came to getting roadworthy, but that's for another time.

Learner Driver
    Thanks for the advice guys, i have spoken to someone at regency about it and he said it needs to go through a security check which was about $50 bucks and if it passes that they provide a letter that basically says the car is legit, then you need a vehicle inspection which is another $50 and then whatever the plates, stamp duty and rego are provided it passes of course so actually it's not hard at all. Having said that i have however decided to pass on this van and concentrate on one of my other projects.

Banned
    Good idea. No plates means trouble in the long run when it comes to selling it anyway.

Usually if it has been registered in the past (any time in the past) there should be a record of it in the system still, so it doesn't technically need the adr plates. I know in vic with my van (which came from S.A unregistered) it had been registered before so because there was a record of it and the build date, it didn't need the plate on it. because the enigine number and everything matched the old rego records it was all good and very easy to get registered. But security checks before hand are always good (which I did before travelling to Adelaide to get the van)

Hi Wilson you've dug up an old thread from the year 2012 to reply to, is there a reason for this?

Thanks.

didn't realize that's how old it was haha was just flicking through threads

Thread Information