Thread: Dirt bikes for sale. Help get my Sandman on the road.

Dirt bikes for sale. Help get my Sandman on the road.

Do you want to see another windowless Sandman on the road? Of course you do. Well here's your chance to play a part. All you need to do is take one (or both) of these dirtbikes off my hands at a great price.

02 KTM 200EXC. 2 stroke in pretty good nick for its age. Tyres, fork seals engine are all good and it presents and rides nicely. It has no rego on it but has a compliance plate and could be registered with a little bit of work and a few blinkers/mirrors etc. Being a 200 it falls into the cheap category for NSW greenslips. Perfect bike for tight twisty stuff, or for the teenage kids. its got the size and chuckability of a 125 but has a bit more pulling power.

ktm.jpg

08 WR250R. This is the low maintenance Fuel Injected version. A great allround bike that will tear it up with the big boys on the knarliest of mountain tracks or safely and comfortably get you halfway across the country. I've ridden the wifes Motard version from Melbourne to Canberra easily and I know of a guy who does a Canberra/ Mackay trip at least twice a year on one. Engine is as smooth as they come, even by road bike standards and all components are well designed and manufactured. I bought this (and the wifes Motard) based on my experience as a service manager for a Yamaha shop and being witness to their reliability.
    This one is fitted with Barkbusters, bash plate, radiator guard, and I have a brand new Safari 14 Litre tank to go with it too. Plastics have a few scratches as expected and the usual boot marks on the frame and scratch marks on the swingarm from small unplanned excursions off the trail. It's never had a big lie down, and has covered a measly 3150km from new, which is nothing for this model.
    wr250.jpg

Prices? I have the KTM advertised for $2k and the Yamaha for $5800 , although I can do way better than this for my mysandman "family".
    Cash is obviously preferred but in the nature of being a bit of a barterer, if the right sort of Holden based material were placed in front of me and a part trade deal proposed then it would get some serious thought. Something like [MENTION=341]mauser[/MENTION] mates XU3 shell, or another factory V8 ute would be hard for me to knock back.
    PM me for a phone number or additional photo's (dont want to use too much of Blockers server space)

I might have to hijack this thread and add my '89 KDX200 to the list as well.
    I've only ridden for about 10 mins in the 6 years i've had it.
    It has compliance plate as well. I put whipper snipper fuel in it about 6 months ago so it blew a bit of smoke.When i bought it, there was no smoke. Brakes are a little sticky from lack of use.
    Might have to post pics if anyone interested.

Thanks playwme

Thread Information