Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HX Van which has been around Parkes for yonks

HX Van which has been around Parkes for yonks

I also thought I would put this Van up for ID purposes for all those interested.....this Van was around when we had ours, only this guy didn't sell it....it is a Jade Green metalic, (although faded) and has the decals almost visible through the surface rust...we did make him an offer, but he said somebody was coming to buy it from VIC for some phenominal price which we couldn't match...he still has it so can't have got the price he wanted, and has decided to keep it and restore it himself, so that remains to be seen....he drives it about still and has a disco machine (can't think of the moden name for that) and a music shop, it has a massive speaker in the back...

i just love the patina of that...

original and unrestored and unloved..

I spoke to the owner back in July 2010 and he wouldn't consider anything under $20,000. He took me for a spin and when we went over 80 kph the air vents started spinning and I became covered in old dried up leaves that flew out of them. He is the second owner having purchased it when it was about 18 months old. The car was originally from Tamworth. In 1980 it was involved in an accident that damaged the front (hence the twin headlight front) and left hand rear quarter. With age comes cracking bog which was pretty bad on the left hand quarter as well as left hand below windscreen. Definitely lots of character though.

Just found some of the photos I kept from my Parkes visit.P1020046(1).jpgP1020044(1).jpgP1020045(1).jpg

XU3..
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

this would be good to restore but not at his 20k for me more like 3k would be what I would consider paying for it

I actually looks pretty cool. $20K is a bit too steep, but hey, he might just be sick of people asking and says that to send them packing. A think its worth more than $3K you'd give for it Bobcat. Can't get any complete car with a 308 for that, let alone a factory L31 sandman (I presume it is still a running car)

Cruiser
    Yeah a factory 308 windowless van I reckon it probably worth 6-9 grand just looking at the pics not sure about rust etc. I know I wouldnt sell it for 3k.

I offered him $7.5K at the time after he assured me he had all original books and wheel centers......he laughed at me. I must say he was polite about it all.

We offered him $10K before we bought the yellow van, he wouldn't sell it...I see it regularly driving about, and mostly at the Post office. I actually had the tailgate in the back of my car once when he was at the PO and showed him, and told him to hurry up and paint his, he laughed and asked where I got the tailgate, I said it was painted, and off our Red van, I think because it looked so new and nicely painted he thought I had bought it that way lol....he loves our vans, and if he was financially better off prob would restore it...it is his daily, and still runs well, and sounds great....just surface rust on the van...and everything he told you about the prang etc. is all true....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information