Thread: My HJ Genuine V8 Panel Van. CRUISER

Learner Driver

My HJ Genuine V8 Panel Van. CRUISER

Here is my genuine V8 HJ panel van,matching numbers,Jamacian Lime 253hc,3spd column manual and 3.08 salisbury diff.Is in abit of a sorry state now but wont take long to get it back to a decent standard.The body is pretty good.The only bad areas of rust are in the rear lower quarters and wheels archs and the inner bottom of the front doors.

My fiance and i bought this van almost 5 yrs ago in Jerilderie NSW,from a panel shop.Seen it sitting there in the back yard for sometime before we inquired about it.

My plans are to weld in 2 new panels to bring it back to a windowless van,get a new tailgate upper and lower,repair the rust and get it all straight once again and then a new splash of Jamacian Lime paint in acrylic as i will just paint it in my shed.
    Then the running gear will be to rebuild the rear diff,i have another VN EFI 5L engine and trubo700 which will go into her,then i will be adding a TO4Z turbo with a front mount which will fit nicely behing the grill.It's going to be on historic rego too.

Here are some pics.

Last edited by KRUPTOR; 29-09-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Sound's like a good project, will be a very nice cruiser.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Cruiser
    Not that im an expert but has anyone seen a sandman witha column manual before.... I do love jamaican lime cars though... Great colour and a real standout....

The other thing... With your enigine change will you be able to put it on club/historic rego.... I didnt hink you could put a modified car on club rego...

Banned
    I don't think he ever said it was a sandman. It's a v8 hj van, hence the column shift.

Cruiser
    I have a pair of the inner metal frame supports you will be needing if you are planning on filling the passenger side window holes, send me a PM if your interested in a price, cheers

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by hqgts View Post
    Not that im an expert but has anyone seen a sandman witha column manual before.... I do love jamaican lime cars though... Great colour and a real standout....

The other thing... With your enigine change will you be able to put it on club/historic rego.... I didnt hink you could put a modified car on club rego...
    Well from the outside it will look and sound like a V8 HJ Jamacian Lime coloured panel van.Thats all that matters.I was also thinking of just running a carby intake and carby aswell.Depends how i feel when its running.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I don't think he ever said it was a sandman. It's a v8 hj van, hence the column shift.
    Thanks mann,never said it was a sandman.

Thread Information