Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V6HQUte - Shed Thread

V6HQUte - Shed Thread

hi all making a shed, heres abit about me, some may allready know but he it is anyway, p plater, doing up/rebuilding a hq ute bare metal respray,white needle gts dash(changed from hq) hz stato front, gts guards, body and chassie all rebuilt, with commy v6, 5 spd and converted vn diff, cause i cant drive a v8, have done most of the work myself with some help from my dad, the chassies done waiting for the body which is in at the pannel beaters, i will also be doing as much there as possible, ive also got a build thread on aussiev8,
    http://www.aussiev8.com.au/ases/4.0....n-rebuild.html
    with more details and pics from before hand, ill post a few pics for a general idea tho

this is what i started with dash was converted to hz allready but a bad job, which i have had to fix, came with gts dash, 5mm hq gts steering wheel, twin headlight front, but non genuine guards, and tailgate, which will never touch a ute of mine again

chassie

vn diff converted, new axles to suit hq

another dodge job

floor fix, donour ute

worse rust

heres the underbody going on, wire brushed it all, and dad sprayed it

fixing guards

its done now just no photos

nose cone and rad support both got the same treatment, nose cone welded behind the flaps below the lights

floor pan bare metaled and rust sealed

more recent-off to pannel beaters, whole body including, firewall and inside beck of ute bare metaled

today changing to hq bonnet lines to hz

passenger is done, needs dressing, dash is also high filled

am waiting on a new tailgate skin from qld, same as factory, not repo rubbish

missed a pic here it is on its way to the panel beaters

been polishing my stainless trims this arvo after seeing 83 wb ute doing his, weve got the same polishing kit need to buy some metal polish to finish them properly, and putting the fuel tank in the chassie which was just a pain, i havent go the little brackets in that come out factory because i couldnt do the bolts up tight enough to stop them rattling, so there not there lol
    they look better in the flesh,

shes a bit dusty lol

heres the things that are meant to go against the tank, they had rubbery stuff on there before but it was stuffed, o well just use lock nuts

heres a pic of the hq-hz cowl swap i forgot i took, its just before it was bogged

got a hq gts dash, complete minus clock, but has a/c switch, and had a cd player at one stage so the fascia is cut, not the surround tho,i only paid $50 for it complete with looks to be a original wireing loom, also a hz gts fascia, its broken in a few spots, but for $10, it looks good in the shed, and a manual gearstick boot from a hz aswell, corner is broken but its better than nothing, oh and a hq gts grill badge, bloke gave it to me, allright condition, just for the shed wall

also got a crack that runs from the steering column to the brake warning light

i reckon i did allright so im happy

got some more parts of my parts bloke, caprice grill, 4spd console insert, and a gts horn button, quiet happy, grills got some damage to the stainless and i dont think its fixable so ill have to track down a new strip of stainless

got my new rechromed headlight surrounds today, i think there rechomed rares, but still good 110 delivered, posted a thread because i forgot about the shed

got some good stuff from rares, missed 1 of the baily channel things in the pic cause it fell out of the bag in didnt see it in the boot until later

finished polishing my stainless today, windscreen, stato door frames, sills, grill surround, b pillar and wipers quiet happy how they came up need to buy some polish to finish ready to go on when the utes finished, also just bought some stuff of ebay in parkes, whole bunch of stuff, guards, seats, twin and single headlight fronts, and mainly a hj caprice grill(i think, hopefully) for $202.50, old mate said to bring a car trailer, hopefully the twin headlight front and caprice grill are good and theres more than my money there, will be selling as much of the rest as possible have hardly and room left lol
    they look a bit cloudy because of the compound i used which i then spread everywhere and not having any polish

Thread Information