Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandman Ute Trailer

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    She's no Sandman (not even pretend) but this is my trailer.

WOW !!!

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Thanks.

Goes with:

And WOW some more !

Thanks.

Goes with:

Sorry about the "cute" comment. If this is the tow car the whole setup is very very COOL!!

Byron would love that colour

Thanks.

Goes with:

Winning combination

Bloody hell, im going to have to pull my finger out now to compete with that

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Attachment 10373

Attachment 10374

My motorbike/camper/bogie axle table top trailer.
    Nice one WB...practical unit there. Loads of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Winning combination

Bloody hell, im going to have to pull my finger out now to compete with that
    Mate, I built the trailer in 1998/9 for the 1999 FB-EK Holden Nationals in Shepperton, Vic.
    It was a lot of work I cut two wagons in half with an air hacksaw (the reason I'm half deaf today I reckon!). While it was my build I had a few mates to help out along the way as I'm not a great welder. I designed it, cut it and painted it. Considering it hasn't been shown any love and has been outside for over a decade it still looks OK. It does now need a rebuild/tart up as it is showing it's age. In case your wondering it does have tailgates at each end and they all open as per factory. I don't really have any built photos because it was done before digital cameras. I do though have some video footage somewhere after I did the cut and just after we joined it together. It's only ever done the one show since I built it and that was the Nats in '99. Towing a 900kg trailer with a gray motor Holden interstate sort of puts you off doing it too often!

Did you notice the exhaust? People go to overtake and then get a surprise how much they have to pass.... Thinking it is just an early Holden!

Yours is coming along great and your doing yourself, your way! I can't knock I bloke for doing that. I watch the build with interest.

What a shame it doesnt get showed off more......really is a work of art. Love the Nasco signage.....oozes cool...as do the venetians

If its sat outside for a decade, clearly your body prep was done right

Poor old tow car struggles aye? Credit to ya mate....very tastefully done Nice job with the chrome trims too.....neat

Yep, exhausts are a cool touch

Cheers for the comments....most of the time im having fun with mine...i like the challenge.....but when tools die/break, the fun kinda stops. Pet hate

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtonkatoy View Post
    Do you tow that behind your falcon it look great
    Yes I do and don't I get some funny looks...

Innuendo, that trailer and its tow vehicle are just plain georgeous, there is no other word for it. A real credit to you! I love the way you've accessorised it with spats, white walls, venetian and the decals. It all works together very very well!

I feel very outclassed as mine was completed in a bit of a hurry due to some time constraints.
    Nunc est bibendum...

What a shame it doesnt get showed off more......really is a work of art. Love the Nasco signage.....oozes cool...as do the venetians
    It got two bobbed just after the '99 Nats by a neighbour and I never got around to fixing it, so I wouldn't show it. Then we had a baby in 2000 and after that fighting court cases for bashing that neighbour and finally moving so it's just the way it's panned out. It was all done with genuine NASCO items to match the car and to be faithful to the period.

Edit: You know what? I did show it a second time. Corrimal Father Day Show the matched pair won top original of show and 2nd place car of the day. That was actually the day I noticed the scratch. I got it out (put on the road outside my house) late the night before so I could hook easy early in the morning and found the scratch when setting up at the show.

If its sat outside for a decade, clearly your body prep was done right
    Well, some was done right (coupla bodgies!). It has it's scars now. But it's not all that bad.

Poor old tow car struggles aye? Credit to ya mate....very tastefully done Nice job with the chrome trims too.....neat
    Yeah 138ci of throbbing not much! LOL Not chrome rims just Genuine chrome NASCO deluxe wheel embellishers (Dress Rims and Hub Caps)

Quote Originally Posted by Taily View Post
    Innuendo, that trailer and its tow vehicle are just plain georgeous, there is no other word for it. A real credit to you! I love the way you've accessorised it with spats, white walls, venetian and the decals. It all works together very very well!

I feel very outclassed as mine was completed in a bit of a hurry due to some time constraints.
    Not at all Dave, your trailer will look a treat behind your Sandman Ute. Would certainly turn my head!
    Sure there is room for improvement. There is in everything I own also.

Atleast we're all having a go at what we love!
    Last edited by Innuendo; 19-02-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Thread Information