Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HX Sandman 308 - eBay - Passed in.

Cruiser
    I recorded it wrong as well Byron, the other thread it was in was http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...Register/page2 again hard to read the VIN

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I am pretty sure the chassis was replaced when it had the prang. remember it being talked about at one time or another on here.
    Chassis Matches, the chassis which didn't match was the red one for sale in Parkes a couple of years ago with the burned front end.

we offered him $10k for this van, when we were desperate, before we found the yellow van, it has had a new front clip, but that is all that has been replaced. We consider $18K is way to steep considering what we paid for our red van. I have been at him to paint and restore it, then he may get that sort of money.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

$18,000 is way too much for that van. Put another $7000 into it and how much would you get done.... not even a paint job.

For $25,000 you can get this right now and I'll bet he spent more than that on it....as much as I love Sandmans I know which I'd rather have when it comes to value for money.

4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Sandman Guru
    I reckon you'd buy this for $22500. Asking is $24950 neg.

http://australianmusclecarsales.com....q-ls-monaro-v8

Or this if it is your thing (this one has some very special Aussie history associated with it):

http://australianmusclecarsales.com....d-pickup-brute

Both are pieces of GMH history!

Banned
    Ah thanks for clearing that up Jennie. its hard to remember whats what now there are so many Sandmans turning up.

Cruiser
    Turnpike Red that's a colour I haven't seen before, also Berger paint code, not Dulux, I have only come across a few Berger painted cars mostly HZ's and the odd fleet HQ. Also the Body plate is the old style without the driveline info at the bottom.

Back in the 70's those K20's would have been able tow anything caravan or boat wise that was on sale, didn't they have a 292 6cyl in them originally?

Radio is not original. and hole has been overcut,

Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    radio looks wrong to me?

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.jones View Post
    Turnpike Red that's a colour I haven't seen before, also Berger paint code, not Dulux, I have only come across a few Berger painted cars mostly HZ's and the odd fleet HQ. Also the Body plate is the old style without the driveline info at the bottom.

Back in the 70's those K20's would have been able tow anything caravan or boat wise that was on sale, didn't they have a 292 6cyl in them originally?
    I think all the 70's CKD cars got that BODY plate without the lion. I have all the colours and ID info for these somewhere. These had 292 in them as did the C20, C30 and C50. Around 1978 they made 350 and TH400 available in C20. I looked at buying this car years ago but was put off by the 305 and still having the old truck Saginaw. If it was still a 292 or they'd fitted a 350 or bigger I may have bought it. I bought the Cross8 instead. If the K20 even had air I mave bought it.

Can't be 100% original as it has a Caprice front panel and can't be a Sandman as it has a GVW of 2200kg. Probably an "original"special order Holden Panel Van back in the day!!
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Sandman Guru
    All standard HZ Sandman were 2200kg. In fact all standard V8 HQ-HZ Sandman were 2200kg (4850lb in HQ).
    It was only when the extra option of passenger vehicle tyres were fitted that the GVW was lower.

Thread Information