Thread: HZ XX7 van on Ebay - Offers

Sandman Guru

HZ XX7 van on Ebay - Offers

For sale is my 1979 Genuine matching numbers HZ Sandman Panelvan.
    It is the 253 4spd option.
    Original colour Atlantis Blue.

This is a restorers dream find!!

You will not find a true genuine matching numbers sandman panelvan again. Comes with a genuine HZ rolling chassis and body, dual exhaust system standard, a set of 4 original gts rims (No Caps), a pair of genuine holden HZ GTS guards, a pair of genuine standard non fluted guards, a set of the true size, colour coded sandman decals, a genuine GTS steering wheel (with the horn cap) Heaps of spares, including 2 bonnets, 2 lower tailgates, 2 upper tailgates, a pair of rear bumperettes, Lights (front and rear, a twin headlight raditor support, a single headlight radiator support and much much more!! (All spares are in very good condition)

GOOD POINTS, the rolling Hz chassis and body are in very good condition, original floor pans, sills, cowlings etc.. there is only minor surface rust. The original sandman motor runs like a dream, (can be heard running upon inspection) The van is complete to sandman specs except for its converted to gas, the RTS badge is missing from the tailgate, due to it being on gas the original air filter cover is missing.

BAD POINTS, the sandman has a hit on the front passenger nosecone. The damage is only panel damage to the passenger guard, nose cone and inner guard. The original body is rusted out, hence the reason I purchased the rolling chassis. First gear in the aussie 4 spd jumps out. The other 3 gears all work fine. Like I have said, this is for a genuine enthusiast who wants to restore the van back to it's original glory. DO NOT waste my time!

NO dreamers! You will need cash to do this project, hence the reason I'm selling! I WILL hold on to the sandman before giving it away!

I WILL NOT SEPERATE, all these items are to go as a package. Due to the rust in the sandman body, it will be sold without a roadworthy but is currently registered. Pics can be sent at request, my computer wont upload then ATM.

Saw this, this morning. Lots of bits. Nice error on the BODY plate too!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-HZ...item25765c312d
    Last edited by Blocker; 26-10-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Is it the 23C Light blue int? I thought that combination of Atlantic Blue/Light blue would be different. Might be hard to source that blue in resonable condition.

I thought the C stood for the use of the Commodore grain on the vinyl and dash. I think it says it is a 11-78 which he calls a '79 van, which is a late HZ.

It must have some significant rust to want to body swap a van that looks like that. I guess its to rid it of the sunroof.

Mauser
    Last edited by mauser; 16-10-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    23C is the code for light blue in later HZ. C doesn't mean Commodore, it is just the code used (like V, A etc).

11/78 is a 1979 HZ model. The GMH model year started on 1st September.

He claims it is rusted out.

Is 23C a Sandman interior code?.
    The VIN says J for the year which makes it a 1979 model year, 11/7?
    Dash is White needle dash! The only instrument with a yellow needle is the clock.
    ADR plate GVM looks like 200kg.
    The only thing certain from the tags in the pictures is that its a 253/4spd HZ van with bucket seats built in Adelaide

Disregard the above, I was looking at the tag info for HX.
    Had another look at the picture of the ADR tag and it reads 2000kg.
    $8000.00 plus is a bit steep if he expects someone to rebirth the yellow van as the Sandman!
    Last edited by Dick61; 16-10-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Sandman Guru
    2000kgon the ADR tag means XX7 for 1/78 onwards HZ Sandman.

23C is a HZ Kingswood trim code hence it is Sandman also.

J means 1979 model year ie 9/78 to 8/79.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Saw this, this morning. Lots of bits. Nice error on the BODY plate too!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-HZ...item25765c312d
    BTW what is the error on the body plate?
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Sandman Guru
    Look harder. Stands out like elephants nuts when you realise it.

Are you trying to tell me that Atlantis Blue is actually a metallic colour?
    Last edited by Dick61; 16-10-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Sandman Guru
    Spot on! Well spotted. As Atlantis is a metallic the PAINT line should show this, which means 567 as the paint style. This plate shows 568.

Mistakes appear everywhere on these cars, but I tell you what - if I was to spend bulk $ restoring one I wouldn't want to have a car with a mistake! Always appears suss.

Thread Information