Thread: Club Permit Registration in Victoria - Club Memberships

Club Permit Registration in Victoria - Club Memberships

Has anyone got a club permit in Vic? VicRoads now offer 45 and 90 day Club permits so you can drive 45/90 days per year, as long as you are in an approved club. The Annual fee is $132 (90 day permit including log book) and you have to keep the log book in the car, have club plates and club permit sticker aswell. Of course you have to join one of the approved clubs.
    http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...lubPermits.htm
    There are heaps of clubs that re on the list but from what I can see with the relevant ones on the list, they want you to referred from someone within he club, or have you as a member for 3 months before they will sign off on the club permit for VicRoads. Does anyone know of any VicRoads apporoved clubs where you don't have to do this? Normal rego is $697 per year, where as a membership and club permit is about $200!

Cheers, Jez

Admin: Thread moved to Vic/Tas section. Please try and post in the correct section,
    as this post is directly related to Vic club issues and questions.
    Last edited by Blocker; 17-12-2012 at 10:29 PM.

I'd be suprised if you can just join up and get club rego straight away through any clubs. The whole idea of the scheme is to promote the club aspect and the clubs do all the legwork in getting these schemes approved. Pretty sure a lot of them require you to attend a certain number of club meetings and club events per year as well. It's not just a cheap rego scheme.

Your right playwme, all have rules and regs, and all want to see commitment from someone before they give the club permit to them. Most clubs have a 12 month qualifying period before they will issue club eligability to you. They also have a yearly vehicle check to ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy and legal. You can't get your club rego then stick a blower and wheelie bars on the thing and go dragging up and down main st.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

I'm all for the club aspect and understand and appreciate their values. Yes at the same time, it is cheap rego as VicRoads is robbery when is your Sunday driver
    I'm in the process of getting a RWC and transfering the Sandman into my name, if I could find a good club and save $500 a year - that would be a bonus! I didn't mean to appear disrespectful toward clubs. A great way to meet people and talk all things Holden!

I have my sandman on club rego through the ballarat early holden club. Its awesome. A really great simple system. I think its less than what you say as there is an initial fee which is a one off, then its something like 60 or 90 bux a year for 45/90 days. (give or take) Most clubs need you to be a commited and financial member as anyone doing the wrong thing brings it on the whole club. Clubs have the option of having a responsible member scrutineering peoples cars and giving them a safety tick and therfore club rego, or asking the person to get a full roadworthy. My club asks for a full roadworthy for unregisterd cars, and a full safety check by a mechanic, for a registered car (going to club rego) Its pretty cool.

Not to put a downer on all the great clubs out there but some of us just want to run our cars on club plates and not have to go to meetings and club runs.

That's why I joined the ASRF. No waiting time to go on club rego, low fees, 2 year membership, no meetings to go to.

http://www.asrf.org.au/?page_id=9

I had to get a roadworthy but this is a once off. I think you can take it in for an inspection instead but not sure on this.

I now have nice red plates and 90 days of driving pleasure per year. Well worth it.

I had a look into some of the clubs in my local area, one only requires you to be a member for one month and attend one meeting/function per year to qualify for club rego, this is a restorers club not one make club. Their fees are a little bit higher at $126.00 for families than some other clubs. Lions Pride you have to be a member for a year and attend three meetings/functions to qualify. On the Vicroads website, the annual rego is $132.00 for 90 days. With these sort of prices you could have 4 cars on club rego, for $650.00 plus $126.00 for membership. I currently have 3 cars on full rego at $620.00 plus each. It makes good sense to run your cars on club rego.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Quote Originally Posted by HZSandman View Post
    Not to put a downer on all the great clubs out there but some of us just want to run our cars on club plates and not have to go to meetings and club runs.

That's why I joined the ASRF. No waiting time to go on club rego, low fees, 2 year membership, no meetings to go to.

http://www.asrf.org.au/?page_id=9

I had to get a roadworthy but this is a once off. I think you can take it in for an inspection instead but not sure on this.

I now have nice red plates and 90 days of driving pleasure per year. Well worth it.
    Did you just fill in the membership app and send it off? I have to get a roadworthy certificate anyway to transfer my Sandman into my name. The club permission application requires sign off by the club so I guess I would send this together with the roadworthy for them to sign?

Filled in the application form for membership then rang them up and got them to send out a form for the club rego. This is a vic roads form so you can get them to send it to you as well. Then got the RWC and sent that and the application for club rego form to ASRF. They then signed it and sent it back to me. Then I went to vic roads with all the forms andgot my new plates.

Quote Originally Posted by HZSandman View Post
    Filled in the application form for membership then rang them up and got them to send out a form for the club rego. This is a vic roads form so you can get them to send it to you as well. Then got the RWC and sent that and the application for club rego form to ASRF. They then signed it and sent it back to me. Then I went to vic roads with all the forms andgot my new plates.

Was your car already registered?

My car will not have any rego so do you know if I can just supply a roadworthy?
    HX Sandman
    Chevrolet Avalanche
    HQ Wagon

Thread Information