Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for a sandman cruise?

Time for a sandman cruise?

Hi guys.

Happy new year n all that...

Just thought i might put the feelers out to see if anyone fancied goin on a run to one of the many upcoming car shows over the next 2 months?

Heres some ideas.

Im goin to try to get to the colac car show as its apparently pretty good. Also theyre having a drive in on the friday night, showing the blues brothers so thatd be a pretty cool thing to get a few sandmans to. Its jan the 18/19th.
    http://www.ozshowcars.com/csviccolsns.htm

After that theres the bacchus marsh car show which is a great day. Lotsa interesting things to see. Ill be putting the sandman in that but cant do a cruise as ill already be in bacchus for work. Feb 3rd.
    http://www.ozshowcars.com/csvicdacalleja.htm

The next one for me will be the hanging rock show. Last year there was about 8 million cars and only 2 sandmans. So itd be great to get a cruise happening to this show. For anyone who hast been its an absolute corker and probably the only show to go to if you only go to one car show a year... Thats Feb the 10th.
    http://www.picnicathangingrock.com.au/

Theres heaps more but thats a couple to think about that are around my area.

Failng all this we could also just try to do a cruise down the great ocean road or through the central highlands or whatever suits...

Also maybe we could arrange to all go to the coburg drive-in one night? (Unlike the old days though, we might actually care what movies on now...?)
    Last edited by hainzy; 01-01-2013 at 09:38 PM.

I missed Hanging Rock last year....great car show that one.

As for Bacchus, yeah i'll go, but i'll require some sort of shots as protection

Would be up for a run down the great ocean rd. With Jo in the band it is tough to find time on weekends. Can't do hanging rock as we will be in sheparton that weekend. Bacchus marsh looks good though if the weather is nice to us.

I'll check the calendar and pop up some free sat and sun dates.

Sweet.

I have put the Bachus Marsh one in my diary and there isno gig the night before so it looks good as long as it isn't 40 degrees like yesterday.

Free weekend dates for me for the Great Ocean road cruise are:
    2/2
    3/2 - Bachus Marsh
    17/2
    23/2
    2/3
    3/3
    23/3
    24/3

Excrement.

Out of those dates youve posted, Im only free on
    23/2
    23/3
    24/3

If you come to the bacchus car show we should meet up before hand if yr up for it.

Ill be doing night shift until 7am and if I havent had any sleep, prob snoozing for an hour or 2 so anytime after that is cool. Just rock up to the ambo branch in the main street.

No Guarentees on Bacchus Marsh. Will depend on the weather and weather Jo gets a gig or not but it looks good at this stage.

We should aim for the March dates to have better weather and give us a chance to get others interested. Where's Rob at with his time at the moment?

Right oh hainzy bout time we got the sandmans together ! Rob & I were at the drysdale hot rod show today (rob was in his sandman, I was in my caprice) and we are looking at going to the Geelong all Holden day on the 2nd march if your interested ?
    I still haven't been to a show yet in the sandman, took the VH group 3 Brock to the light car club Xmas display last month
    Cheers Richard

Quote Originally Posted by hz308factory View Post
    Right oh hainzy bout time we got the sandmans together ! Rob & I were at the drysdale hot rod show today (rob was in his sandman, I was in my caprice) and we are looking at going to the Geelong all Holden day on the 2nd march if your interested ?
    I still haven't been to a show yet in the sandman, took the VH group 3 Brock to the light car club Xmas display last month
    Cheers Richard
    Sweet. Yeah geelong all holden day would be good. Ive never been as it always falls on the weekend of the golden plains music fest but it looks like its the weekend before this year. So yep for sure. Still havent sen your brock yet so we must get our commodores together at some stage. We should just meet up one day here in the rat and cruise around the lake in our vans and get a coffee or something.

And still up for another run, so yep Rob the march date could work. And if anyone wants to go Im still hoping to get to colac this month for the drive in and show, if we can arrange baby sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Sweet. Yeah geelong all holden day would be good. Ive never been as it always falls on the weekend of the golden plains music fest but it looks like its the weekend before this year. So yep for sure. Still havent sen your brock yet so we must get our commodores together at some stage. We should just meet up one day here in the rat and cruise around the lake in our vans and get a coffee or something.

And still up for another run, so yep Rob the march date could work. And if anyone wants to go Im still hoping to get to colac this month for the drive in and show, if we can arrange baby sitting.
    I am looking at taking the sandman to Colac for the show & shine on Sat, leaving Ballarat leaving around 7.30am cheers RG

Thread Information