Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: opinions on hz Ute?

Learner Driver

opinions on hz Ute?

Gday all. Long time reader but never had anything to post about! I know this is in the wrong section but I'm limited on the amount of posts.

Anyway I've been looking more so for a van for awhile now. Used to have a hj sandman but sold that 5 years ago and been watching the prices boom since! Anyway I'm going to have a look at this hz sandman replica tomorrow or over the weekend and basically I'm just after some opinions on the price and what I anything I might miss. It looks in top condition and I would eventually put the black inserts around the headlamps and front spoiler for that true hz feel and drop a 308 in, but bodywork in a miss for me so that's why I'm interested in this one.

Any comments, opinions or advice on this buy is appreciated. Thanks Shaun

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ingle...3?mobile=false

I'm sure there has been a thread on this ute before. It's been for sale for some time or is changing hands really quickly. Do a search and you should find where it was previously mentioned.

Apart from that, if you're going to spend the money on a 308, new mirrors, spoiler etc on top of the 10k asking, why not just buy a 308 hz ute and put stripes on it. Probably cheaper.

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by hx-sandman View Post
    I'm sure there has been a thread on this ute before. It's been for sale for some time or is changing hands really quickly. Do a search and you should find where it was previously mentioned.

Apart from that, if you're going to spend the money on a 308, new mirrors, spoiler etc on top of the 10k asking, why not just buy a 308 hz ute and put stripes on it. Probably cheaper.
    Thanks for the reply. That's the sort of info I'm after. I'm always suspicious when a car is thrown from one person to another. I've been looking at cheaper options but can't find anything with a nice body and paint. Mechanical and Electrical im fine with. 10k is alot of coin

If you follow that link there is a van advertised below the ute. It is advertised as a Sandman, which would need investigating, but if it is a Sandman it would be a better proposition than a replica.
    Not withstanding that, the ute is a "lookalike" in my opinion, if someone is going to build a replica, it should be indistinguishable from the genuine article apart from the tags.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Banned
    I am sure that ute had a thread on here a couple of years ago by the bloke who built it. Good luck searching for it on here now lol.

It's a rockin'
    Bennets auctions in Prospect SA have one too

Mate there is a HX panelvan on eBay in melb, 308, 9 inch diff, straight no windows, dragways $7500 buy now. Forget the ute grab the van!!

That ute looks like a good for that price

hulkamania there are some great opportunities to pick up some bargains at the moment. If you have the disposable cash then now is a great time to buy, there seems to be a lot more completed or partially completed H series for sale now.

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by RAEME View Post
    Mate there is a HX panelvan on eBay in melb, 308, 9 inch diff, straight no windows, dragways $7500 buy now. Forget the ute grab the van!!
    yeah ive seen that. however im in SA, bit hard to inspect for rust and see what needs to be done :/

Thread Information